Vornado Zippi Desk Fan

Need to know if these are 110V only or will they work on 220V?

I am currently living someone 220V and would like to have one of these

I just checked mine from one of the earlier woots. It doesn’t say in the manual, but the sticker on the bottom of the fan says 120V.

I also like these. I have one on my desk at work. It’s completely quiet on the low setting and moves just enough air for a small breeze. Plus, people in the office seem to get a kick out of putting their fingers in the blades. :slight_smile:

I have these and I keep one in my cube at work. They work great and my co-worker all think it is cool too.

A HR manager did ask if it is safe tho and I told him to stick his finger through it. Unfortunately, it didn’t chop it off…

I think I may pick up a few more for gifts… perhaps some from woot.com too.

So, I know the write-up was just for fun. But how many people, when they power these on, are going to actually stick their tongue, or at least their fingers in the fan. :stuck_out_tongue:

I bought 3 of these puppies last time they were on woot and they made great gifts for my dad and gf, with one left over for myself! Unfortunately though, I lost one when it accidentally fell off the table at night while it was on. Apparently, stopping the fan blades while the power’s going will kill these things pretty quick so watch out.

Otherwise, these push more air than you’d expect, but they do it in a somewhat doughnut-conical style, meaning the wind blows out from the sides but leaves a dead zone about directly in the center of what you’re blowing it at which diminishes at a distance.

All in all, I’d definitely recommend a buy at this price for a great desk fan which is fun to waste time with playing with the blades at work if you don’t mind annoying your co-workers a bit with the noise you make hitting the blades. Well worth the price for the fun alone :smiley:

I bought a green Zippi around this time last year and I don’t regret it one bit! I keep one on my bed all year round. It’s small, quiet, powerful, and fun to put your fingers into the blades while it’s running. In for 2 more! (Need one for the desk at home and one for the desk at work)

Some duct tape and flat double edged razor blades would keep them honest!

Did I really just say that?

These are great. I hang them in the corners of bedroom doors when I’m using just the wood stove to heat the house to even out the temp between rooms a bit. Quiet, and safe if you get to close in the middle of the night.

I have 2 of these little fans, and they are fantastic! I always pick up more when I see them on Woot.

They’re perfect desk fans… very quiet, and compact. People are fascinated with them when they wander by my desk. I’ve just sent messages to most of them to come on here and pick up their fans. You cannot beat this price, from what I’ve seen. They’re usually $20+ elsewhere.

I’m in for 3! A couple for the hizzy, and 1 for my Papa!

I have two, purchased through woot, and use for our 10 month old infant. The fan is very safe and gives good air flow. Now that he’s standing up and walking around the crib, I placed it out of reach, but in case his fingers touch the blade, I have no fear that it’d even hurt, much less cause any damage.

■Soft Cloth Blades: Safe to touch even with the fan on

“EVEN with the fan ON”???

Can someone please tell me where the scary fans are that can’t even be touched when they’re OFF??? :slight_smile: I’m going to want to stay far, far away from THOSE!

…I love woot write-ups! :smiley:

I love these FANS!!
I’m addicted I know. I bought 2 orange ones on w00t a couple years back. I use then at work and at home on the nightstand. Liked it soo much I bought 3 maroon ones for gifts. Well the 4 yr old broke the fan in the bedroom :frowning:
well I suspect her anyways(she like to mess with the blades running) It just stopped working. hmmmmm not past my 3yr warranty yet. So I called the Vornado people- they asked for the serial number off the back and asked me what color I wanted for a replacement because they unfortunately no longer make orange. Shipped me a new lime-green one to my door.
Just asked that I cut the cord off the broken fan and toss in the trash. Great customer service and a wonderful fan (me and the fan).

So I’m in for 2 black to appease the wife. She has been ragging me on why I keep getting old-ball colors that she can’t use to match the dacor (hehehehehe)

Just ordered two - I already have one, its sitting on top of my computer; these are really good for personal space and are utterly freakin SILENT, amazing, I love that!!

I have one and it is a great little fan that truly is nearly silent. The only problem I see is that I paid $5.00 at an Office Depot for mine… here when you add in shipping your paying $6.50. So if you are in a really high tax area or don’t have any office depots near by then its a decent deal… otherwise, its a little over priced.

Our IT guy has one of these on his desk. It is whisper quite and I’ve really been hoping they would pop up on Woot at some point (since I’ve seen other Vornado stuff).

In for two, one for home one and for the office.

I bought these last time they were on the main woot site. I got a light blue and a light green one and I love them. Most of the time I can’t even point it at me (in my office), because it would be TOO much air, but pointed a bit away, it circulates the air very well.

I would buy two more, if I didn’t dislike red/black so much.

I bet I annoy people by spending many minutes each day trying to grab the blades while it’s moving, while staring at my work on my screen.

I bought 3 of them two year ago. I have a tendency to move them all around the house when I need them in different spots. A plus over our usual fan.

I got 3. I like fans.

If I get a DC power converter, will this be good for my car?

I have one of these, or maybe a slightly larger model that was on Woot almost a year ago and I love it. Almost silent and it moves a lot of air. Plus it;s cat-friendly!