Vornado Zippi Fan – 2 Pack

I bought one of these last year. It was descent. Not too loud and it did the job. I couldn’t stop playing with it though… kept trying to grab one of the blades while it was spinning, or just sticking my finger in and letting it hit me. Eventually the fan part started to slip a bit from the other part, and it wasn’t spinning quite as fast…

People should stop flaming the experts who actually know what they’re talking about. Centrifugal force is a fictitious force. It’s an invented concept to help common people understand why things seem to be forced outwards, but the force doesn’t actually exist. Ask anyone with knowledge of physics.

The Wikipedia article even says that centrifugal force is fictitious. “Centrifugal force is a fictitious force, however, that arises only when motion is described or experienced in a rotating reference frame, and it does not exist in an inertial frame of reference.”

People are just so self-righteous online, it’s amazing.

in for one…
or should i say two…

still kinda skeptical on how well they are gonna work, but i was compelled by the bouncing woot button to purchase them before they sold out

ahhhhh
impulse buy

The motor bit is about the size of a softball, and the blades (when turning) are the size of a (largish) outstretched hand.

Great for sitting right in front of you on on a desk. Moves air surprisingly well for being so quiet.

Oh, and yes, there are shaped thingies at the tips that both act as (very light) weights and shape the cloth into an airfoil.

And I regularly stick my hand into it (small desk) and it causes no pain, so if you are looking for pain, try a different fan.

lol. I wouldn’t have wanted it without seeing this, lol. Now… if only it were USB-Powered, then you’d have a winner.

It’s what someone pointed to in order to “prove” that centrifugal force exists. Except it doesn’t.

Yes it’s true. Try another physics site if you don’t believe wika.

You guys need to relax in evaluating this litte POS fan…Its a 15 dollar fan!!!
The blades in my eyes are better for cleaning because the plastic cage is a pain in the arse.
You dont have to be an engineer to buy a desk fan

I don’t actually give a damn about the fan itself :stuck_out_tongue: I just hate it when people try so hard to show they have no idea what they’re talking about.

But that’s the fun part!

Vornado bring me your fan,

there selling out!!!

I bet that cat has no claws, My cat would grab on like a magnet and it would be a fight between cat and fan

I bet that cat has no claws, My cat would grab on like a magnet and it would be a fight between cat and fan

Wouldn’t it have been cheaper just to purchase these, than waste your time proving that your are a DB?

Thanks woot gods, I got one just before sell-out…now I hope the purchase is worth it. Even if I don’t like the fans, I’m in it for my kids.

Ohwee!! I am in for 4, I am planning on encircling myself with them!! That should help with these Menopausal Hot flashes. DO you think the Fabric blades can be switched out for some cooler fabric maybe Pink with little flowers on them?

Okay, so they’re sold out now and the woot site will be totall useless until tomorrow. Yawn.

'twas merely novel for me until i figured out that not only did we need a couple of low-end fans for the office that weren’t insanely loud but that also this would translate into hours of safe, harmless fun with the office cat…and then i realized i had to go in for 2.

\

I like Woot, but hate the sellouts, i would have bought this one, its honestly a good deal

:frowning: Processing took too long and they sold out. They should do some sort of product hold on items to guarantee that when you click “I want one” it will give you time to update your info. Ticketmaster and travel sites do this and I’m sure there are more relevant sites too.