VTech 5.8Ghz 4 Handset Cordless Phone w/Answering Machine

Are these phones any good? I maybe could use this as one of my old handsets died! Here is a link to the product manual I found - http://www.vtechphones.com/vtechui/support/manual.cfm?manualID=21457

Wow…I cant believe people are still using these things. It’s like looking at a VCR or something. Although, I must concede. These may be good for those who work from home. Perhaps the people who can’t carry 1 CORDLESS PHONE around their house and need one every 52.38 ft. This underlines the fact that we Americans are getting lazier and lazier. By the way, I think I’ll go get some Krispy Kremes and wash 'em down with a Diet Coke.

Wow, people still have LANDLINES?

My home phone service gives me unlimited calling. Bet your cell plan doesn’t.

People who do a lot of calling, or have a lot of people (families w/kids) have home phones. Plus I don’t like giving my cell # out to delivery people, plumbers, etc.

The manual (link above) suggests that these charger bases can be attached to a wall. I don’t see how that’s possible…wouldn’t the phone just fall out of the base if you turned it 90 degrees???

Once upon a time I was working somewhere that had just begun to hit a kind of saturation point - that is, as many PCs as people. Of course, the ratio has become much higher now.

The work included answering a “hot-line”, giving people advice, going off to fix their computers, that kind of crap. There were days that I literally did nothing all day long except answer the phone.

I believe this ended about 20 years ago, but I STILL detest hearing a telephone ring. Somewhat like Pavlov’s dog, I don’t salivate (that would be fairly awful!), but I do feel a rather intense cringe.

woot! has been selling these multi-phone sets SO often that you begin to think it is like how the Mystery Speakers were being sold as well as other stuff you see too much. If I were in a house with four phones all ringing at the same time, those nice young men in their clean white coats wouuld be coming to take me away Ha! Ha!

(Sorry, just a flashback to 1968. It happens whenever I think about telephones rininging)

Vonage no way
Sunrocket best deal going $199 a year no tax not extra bills

will pass on the phones
maybe somthing better for the New year

Looks like Woot.com is selling some of their lame shit at a loss for tax purposes.

PANASONIC are MUCH better.

I’ve had these phones for over a year and a half. They work fine, and the only complaint I have is that the battery doesn’t hold a charge for long. If you leave it off the cradle for a day or two the battery will be completely drained even if it’s not used.

panasonic makes a better product

You hang it so the base holds the phone…that’s the only way you can hang it.

Or maybe if you don’t live alone. Especially if you have children. The first time your kid takes your ONE CORDLESS PHONE and doesn’t return it, you’ll suddenly see the wisdom of more than one handset. Or the first time your kid doesn’t put it back on the charger. Or…

#1: their only lame to you - as some people bought them, it’s obviously a good enough deal for them.

#2: The Fiscal year for woot and any other business does not end in 12/31

#3: need I say any more?

No. The handset faces the other way when it’s hung on the wall.

HOW small of a house?

Some places consider a closet a room, or a bathroom because the word ‘room’ is in it.

You could always keep one spaced out so you dont have to walk more than three feet or so, if your house IS that small.

Funny story - My wife was talking to a friend on her cell phone and said “We don’t have a land line anymore…” Our 20 month old son started roaring really loud. He thought she said land LION. I guess you had to be there…

Anyway, does this work on a Mac?? (Just kidding!)

Pass on this one since we only have cell phones and since V-Tech is mostly junk…

ring ring ring ring

“Hello?”

“WORST WOOT YEAR EVER!”

click

Wow, some people are really dumb. These phones can also be used with VOIP.

Vonage works fine for me. I’ve been using it for over 2 years. I’ve never had a problem. Never. I have a friend who uses Verizon VOIP, and it’s total crap. He has an echo on the line 1/2 the time. That’s pathetic considering that Verizon is a telecom company. Vonage may not be the cheapest, but it’s still cheap and as far as I can tell, it’s definitely the most reliable.