VTech 5.8GHz 4 Handset Cordless Phone with Digital Answering System

Haha, I haven’t gotten the power strips yet either.

I didn’t even know people on the internet still used land lines…

I did not “giggle”, I typed Ha ha. More of a chuckle really.

Anyone know if the main base is wall mountable? Also, do these have a voicemail indicator on them for those of us who don’t like to use the built in answering machine?

I could not find the manual for the VT5883 but as for the V5882 there is no speaker phone option which I really like on my current Vtech I6789 phones. Also the call transfer to another phone is correct but I would not mind this options since it would not allow eavesdropping.

My phones needed new batteries so I bought these just for the battery since new ones are about $10 bucks each.

V5882 manual

Horrible phones. Had a pair of these a while ago and you could hardly hear them because of what seemed to be background noise of nothingness. We returned them the other day, definitely not worth it.

The product specifications on this site http://www.jr.com/vtech/pe/VTC_VT5883/ say yes to speakerphone.

VTech makes good phones in my experience. The kids have left them outside overnight and other unpleasant things but they still stay charged forever and have clear reception.

I compared the 5882 manual to the biggest picture I can find. They have the EXACT SAME buttons on the handset and base. No speakerphone.

Privacy Director will only block calls from numbers that do not identify themselves. These people forge their Caller-ID so you never know who’s calling…

I want to be able to plug in a number and have the phone either not pick up or cut off the call automagically…

In for 1. They can’t be any worse than the phones we have now–1 cordless from 1999, and a 2 phone handset, one of which doesn’t even work anymore.

we shall see…

Ditto Dophin - In for 1. Gotta be better the the worn out set I’m using now.

These phones work well…BUT the model i have does not have any speaker phone capacity which is a terrible omission. IT APPEARS THERE IS A SPEAKER, BUT NO. The speaker does not function as a speaker phone it merely records your outgoing message and speaks to you for phone set up.

does woot allow you to cancel orders? I just placed an order by want to cancel it.I see no place to do this

Don’t know if this really works, but in the past others have recommended that you write a note to woot’s customer service folks and ask that your order be canceled. Best of luck! - Hope it works for you.

a.

I got my power strips today! :slight_smile:

sigh

This hasn’t even arrived yet, and it’s in the woot-off right now for $5 cheaper.

My first failed Woot!!

The phones arrived the day we were leaving for vacation. So we set them up to charge, and left for four days. When we arrived home, 7 messages - all clearly recorded. However, every handset has heavy interference noise that is not present on any other phone in the house. Changing the base location or wireless channel has no effect. It did clear up if I touched the handset’s antenna to the base’s antenna. This gave me a working range of 3 inches or so.

Hopefully Vtech service will behave.

Great phones no problems setting up and what a great deal Thanks Woot!!!