VTech 5.8Ghz 4 Handset Phone with Digital Answering Machine

In answer to question about adding handsets, it has been our sad experience that you generally cannot get additional handsets forthe original set-up that is provided. We bought a really good answering machine-two handset combo and later wanted to add handsets. You usually have to buy the number of handsets as a package deal with the answering machine. Other sets are offered out there with more handsets if you need them. There may be some exception to this, but this is generally the way the sets work…if you want more phones they make you go out and buy a whole new system! If you just need more phones for other extensions in your house, you can get another set of cordless phones with recharging cradles without answering machine (they do not need to be the same brand as long as they are still the same Ghz) and plug them into your other phone jacks. Problem solved?

Yes, it has an intercom

DO NOT BY CORDLESS PHONES FROM WOOT!!!. I bought the last 4 handset they offered. All 4 handsets arrived with DEAD batteries. I’ve contacted the vendor more than 5 times to get new batteries. The 90 day warranty is useless. They won’t return calls. I finally got someone on the phone. I told them to send me 4 batteries. They sent 1. The power source for the base station and the handsets are not the same. They sent me the wrong power source and I’m still waiting to get the correct one for one of the hand sets. WOOT was of NO HELP AT ALL. When I emailed WOOT for help they just gave me a smart butt answer - much like their little a-hole stories.

lol Cant find a Decent review but I see this was on woot back in May…
Anyone here have this exact model?

When you buy the phones in the store they’re not sitting there charging for you. What’s the diference?

I think I got my Black WootSquare with this one!

I sure did! Goodbye noobness!

If you click on the picture of the phones, you will see a black bracket thingy. That is what you use for wall mount. I am replacing my Uniden with these. My old v-tec 2.4 still keep going and going and going…That’s why I’ll try another v-tec set,they are fine by me. We have a very funky house design. 4 levels plus basement. Phone’s work fine from any level.

I purchased the same phones from Costco 2 years ago for $119. In a large 3 story home, I have the base in a closet and I’ve never had range problems. Good battery time even after 2 years of random charging cadence. (7 children in our home). The kids use the intercom to chat. We even use the speaker phone for remote family calls and it is quite acceptable. A couple of weeks ago, one of the phone’s batteries will no longer take a charge, but for 2 solid years of random charging, I think that’s pretty acceptable. I think this phone was lost in the couch cushion for a month. When we have more than two handsets talking on the same call, the person on the other end of the call reports they can’t hear very well, so we end up using one handset with the speaker phone instead.

Easy to use, easy to store freequent callers or favorites, easy to see caller id, and long list of caller id history.

I’m backing my opinion by by buying this right now.

someone actually reselling this already on ebay. but you know what’s more funny? he copy every single words on the description. doesn’t that against the copyright?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vtech-mi6896-5-8-GHz-Trio-1-Line-Cordless-Phone-NEW_W0QQitemZ140268805906QQihZ004QQcategoryZ58355QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Think about it for a sec. This is a discount sale site, selling overstocks, or items that haven’t exactly sold out in their original markets. That would suggest that these might not be the highest performing items in their class. The question you have to ask is whether the new discount price now makes them a better deal than paying more for a more highly rated model or brand. Often, the disadvantages about which some people might complain might not be enough or a problem to make them a bad buy at these prices. Other times, you might not want to take the chance… In the case of this phone, though, it WAS for sale at Costco, telling you, at least, that Costco thought it was worth offering for sale at it’s original price. They don’t usually sell the cream of the crop, but they also don’t usually intentionally sell garbage either. I’m in for a set of these, as the batteries in my old uniden 3 handset setup no longer hold a charge so well, and this new setup is not much more than tracking down new batteries for the old one would be…

poof its magic, phone turned into a fried toaster…fedex truck caught on fire and i am not getting a phone…need to know how to take care of this one way or the other…emailed service@woot.com 4 times, no response…