VTech 5.8Ghz Digital Cordless Phone with 4 Handsets and Digital Answering System

Just what you need if you use magicjack.
woot!

I’ve hated every conversation I have ever had on a VTech. Partly because someone is on the other end and partly because VTech stinks. Mostly the former.

does this have talking caller id ?

"220/230 . . . whatever it takes . . . "
– Name that movie.

does conference call mean that more than one can be on at once? if so these are going to replace my current phones.

Hey, i need these. How nice. My current phones get all screwed up with my microwave and when someone is on the phone the wireless goes down.

sweet

“or be used as a intercom”

i’m always wary of buying things that contain improper grammar in their description…it just makes you wonder

I bought these new at Costco about 4 months ago for $90+
They work well, nice deal on a refurb for less than half.

Yet another 5.8 GHz phone that isn’t pure 5.8: According to the manual: 5725-5850 MHz and 2400-2483.5 MHz.

Great price - List price is $230 and on amazon right now - it is going for $126! I have never had any problem with a “refurbished” item either. Have fun!

Are these 5.8Ghz uplink AND downlink? Most "5.8"Ghz phones are actually 2.4 one way, and 5.8 the other, so they still mess with WiFi…

I have a bunch of VTech 5.8 Ghz from about three years ago. Selling them on eBay when I have time. [Have the main unit that has the answering machine and four fancy remote handsets.]

Have sat in a box since 2005 when I went wireless at home. No land line at all.

VTech makes really nice phones. Where I live there’s static at times because the building next to me on the 20th floor roof top has radio towers for all the big companies. In certain parts of my condo the towers interfere with my devices, e.g., if I walk into the kitchen I get disconnected on my cell.

My VTech phones worked flawless throughout the house, even in the kitchen. Also, I could go to the basement [four floors down] and get a signal. That’s pretty good for a cordless phone. One time I did a test, walked down the street, about a block away, and while there was static I could still talk on the phone.

That’s my experience with VTech. So to me this is a steal. I paid about $40 each for each remote handset and $75 for the “base station.” Far as I know the VTech systems are still expensive, so this is a sweet deal.

We have this EXACT same set of phone at my house. Bought it at COSTCO for about $89.99 back during the summer. Solid Woot here guys for half the price I paid.

Mr. Mom
Woobie Rocks!

Instruction Manual

Mr. Mom!

Do I get a free case of Schooner Tuna?

Manual:

The line is “220, 221, whatever it takes” and it’s from Mr. Mom

does anybody know the average talk time on one of these phones?

[2015883]

catvenom88 wrote:Anyone know if these are 110/220? I need 220...living in Europe!

"220/230 . . . whatever it takes . . . "
– Name that movie.

Transformers duh, "220/230 . . . whatever it takes . . . "