VTech DECT 6.0 3-Handset Phone System with Digital Answering Machine

oh good they get here in time for christmas! so glad I can cross the preowned cordless telephone set off my shopping list :stuck_out_tongue:

On another note, when I used to have a home phone, we had a set of vtechs that were incessantly fuzzy. Not sure if it was the phones or the company, but didn’t have the problem with other phones.

Yes, but it is the phone that is programmed to automatically dial the number without recognizing its long distance and needs a 1.

I remember those phones. I could walk down the block to my friend’s house and use it from her house. :slight_smile: It finally died and I have been flipping back and forth from V-Tech to Uniden. I find the Uniden to be much better in user in usability and function.

Even with liking the Uniden more, I bought the V-Tech DECT that has BT and connects to my cell phone when I come in the house. Bought last month on WOOT. Now all my phones ring when my cell phone rings and I can call out on my cell phone from any handset, like to another phone in my plan. It is a decent phone, this doesn’t seem like a decent phone though. I already dealt with one crappy V-Tech that these reviews kept me from spending my money. I need another phone for my other line. I’ll wait. I wish I could get a 900Mhz 1 Watt too though.

I got this the last time woot offered it. It’s a reasonable system. Does not announce the caller id, just displays it on the lcd.

Each handset CAN be used as a speaker phone.

I am not in LOVE with this phoneset, but for the price it’s reasonable and does the job. I’m using it as a second line phone and have the answering machine part turned off.
I received 3 working handsets and am happy with the purchase, they did need about 18 hours initial charge.

FWIW: I want to point out that the TestFreaks review appears to be for a different model of phone. The picture in that review appears to be a different system.

The woot picture looks exactly like the one I received.

You can quickly resolve this issue with a quick signin to your Ooma account. Go to Preferences>System and check “10 digit dialing”. No more “1” required !

This should also enable returning a call from the callerID log…at least it does on my cordless Moto phones.

Sweet, thanks! We’ll try it out. We tried to find a way to change it but we weren’t successful. Hope this works for us! :slight_smile: Thanks again!

Shipping Update

VTech DECT 6.0 3-Handset Phone System with Digital Answering Machine has completely shipped via FEDEX 2 Day. All tracking will be emailed by the end of the day to members who purchased this item. If you would like to find your tracking information sooner, please click the following link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

!!!WARNING!!!

Got my phones today and was VERY disappointed in the V-TEch refurb process!!! MAKE SURE YOU LOOK AT THEM BEFORE GIFTING THEM!!!

The phones arrived today and when I opened them they were FILTHY! The worst refurb I have ever seen. 4 of the 6 handsets and one main base were covered with finger prints, dirt and makeup. One of the answering machines even has messages on it!!! WTF?

V-Tech should be held accountable for this. Totally ridiculous!

The phones also have missed calls on them.

I got 2 manuals with mine. If anyone needs instructions for a specific feature let me know and I can send a picture of that section.

Wow, Woot is 0 for 4 with Christmas gifts, at least I plugged this one in to test before wrapping it up.

Rather than simply a shoddy VTech “refurb” job, I think these are garden variety returns that had no examination by the manufacturer. The items were tossed loosely into a Vtech cardboard box (itself loosely in a Woot box), with only plastic bags (not Texas air…just bags to prevent scratching) surrounding the items…each part was happily bashing against it’s friends the entire journey. Also, in my experience, refurb items tend to see the cords re-wound with ties…these are re-wound around the plug like a typical consumer would do when returning an item to a store.

So, I have three phones and two charging stations to go along with the core base unit that does not power on at all. At least they met the “before Christmas guarantee” by paying for 2 day delivery on a DOA item!

I got my Phone also today and the main unit does not turn on arghh

How do I return the thing?

Email RMA@woot.com. They’ll email you a return slip that will expire Monday (5 days), and then give themselves 10 days to process (or more “…during busier times such as the holidays”.

I got my refurb. vtech phone yesterday and was surprised to find that the handsets would not connect to the base. I get a no power/out of range message on all of them. Went to the website and looked at the troubleshooting guide, with no luck. The base is not working. I have a similar vtech, different model that works fine so I thought I would take a chance on these. I emailed woot at the address given above for an rma. This is my first woot that arrived DOA. The packaging was horrible as described above. This thing was barely giftable, even if it did work. Very disappointed woot.

Opened Woot shipping box to find phone parts had spilled out of inner (generic) cardboard box, main unit DOA. First Woot turd for me, but lack of care shipping will make me seriously question ordering again.

Sorry you are experiencing problems. Please contact service@woot.com for assistance. I understand your concern on packing but please keep in mind that we don’t package the items. They come to Woot from the vendor packaged and ready to be shipped (perhaps inside a Woot box).

I can’t believe how many people are suffering with the same system! No power at base thus the phones won’t charge/connect. How could woot/VTech knowingly distribute so many units they know are not working correctly? I’m especially frustrated because from what I have read now on the Woot return policies, I have to pay shipping back to Woot! Not a good way to do business. VTech website also requires the purchaser to pay shipping even though the product is defective.

Having problems with one of the handsets will not receive or make calls. Gives error of too far from base, 25 FT? Had to delete about 30 calls left on the phone from the previous owner.

Send an email to service@woot.com if you haven’t already and we’ll try to replace the bad handset.