Vupoint Digital Film & Slide Converter with 2.4" LCD Display

Am the only one a bit weirded out that a 35 mm film ONLY translates into a 5 megapixel picture?

Refurbished why would you refurbished this thing??

FINALLY! something to convert my digital photos to slides!!!

The thing is $88 on Amazon. A good scanner would be better, though.

I got the lower-end model of this a couple of months ago and LOVE IT! I have converted many old slides and negs. (My dad did nothing but slides during the 60’s and 70’s.) Even the editing software is acceptable.

I’m lost. I bought my BOC and left. Now when I check back I still see flashing lights. I’m infected with WootBocington’s disease! Or, maybe there is a simpler explanation?

Amazon link … http://www.amazon.com/VuPoint-Solutions-Digital-Converter-FC-C520-VP-BX2/dp/B002DS9T5E

Vupoint link … http://www.vupointsolutions.com/FC-C520-VP.asp

Heard bad things about this. Taking a picture of a picture and scanning are two very different things. This takes a picture so what you’re preserving really isn’t being preserved all that well.

Best to waste time on a scanner or, better yet, wait for the proper dedicated tool.

The screen also reminds me of a Gameboy Advance, for whatever reason.

35mm film is actually a higher resolution than that. This gizmo is basically a 5 megapixel digital camera. The 5 megapixel figure is a limitation of the device, not the film.

I have to get one of these! My mother (an old person) has a ton of slides that we want to convert! This’ll be perfect!

Will it work with my current camera?

Is it me…or has this become just like digg?

I have a coupon to spend Woot and these deals are NOT helping!

Get it together and help me spend it!

Don’t think so, missy. I was wootin when you were teethin. LOL!

Really? REALLY? Come on.

It’s very time consuming, I can only process 1 slide at a time and that takes about 30 seconds each. It’s also very boring, which is why I do the conversions on sundays - I rather use the camera for photo shoots at car shows or rallys.

Stereoscopic! Haven’t seen one of those outside of a museum.

Your order is invalid (code: buttafuoco)

Or they are older than 30. I have boxes of slides from 25-40 years ago, but if I haven’t converted them yet (and I haven’t) then I probably don’t care that much about what is on them.

I’ll probably just give them to the kids to play with/destroy.