VuPoint Digital Hand Scanner

http://www.wooters.us/images/wooters-logo-tiny.png Woot Info Post
Don’t Forget The Wooters.us, Mum.

VuPoint Digital Hand Scanner [Refurbished] - $59.99 + $5 shipping shipping

1 * VuPoint Digital Hand Scanner PDS-ST410-VP-RB

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

VuPoint Digital Hand Scanner
$59.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:

• 1 VuPoint Digital Hand Scanner PDS-ST410-VP-RB

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Heh. Back in the day (say, 1992) handheld scanners were common, and cost about this much. You had to have the steady hands of a surgeon to get great results, though, and I suspect things haven’t changed that much in that regard…

yawn bring back the knives

I bought one of these last month when it was up on Sellout.Woot!. It works as advertised - 15 seconds or so to scan a page. If you use a steady hand and steady pressure, the quality is great. You’ll need a microSD card to store your scans, but each scan is only a couple of megs, so even the smallest card (you can pick up some for under $5 from Newegg) will work just fine.

I haven’t tried the included OCR, because I’m a Linux fellow, but the pictures are stored on the device in a generic way (USB MSC), which makes this thing Linux compatible.

I reccommend this one for the free cleaning cloth alone. You ain’t seen none never no cleaning cloth like this little number here. Sleek, moon-age design helps it to clean things that you put it on. Free shipping on this Woot! FREE SHIPPING FREE CLEANY CLOTH FREE QUALITY COMMENT, DELIVERED

I don’t get it: why would I want to scan my (or anybody else’s) hand?

remote palm reading. works best with 3 of these.

What size paper can it support? The description isn’t clear.

Sorry, but the only way I’d buy this thing is if that cleaning cloth was a genuine
Sham-wow.

Are you serious? Ahahaha.

Its a handheld scanner for computers. You can scan documents with it, so you can upload them onto your computer. Like photos, homework, notes, etc. Just look up a scanner, they normally look like mini copiers, you put the paper in there close it, and it scans it uploading it to your computer.

any chance i can walk into borders with one of these bad boys and scan a whole book [for educational purposes only]?