VuPoint Film & Slide Digital Converter

product website

http://static.wooters.us/images/wooters-logo-tiny.png Woot Info Post
wooters.us - like an automagic F5 key.

VuPoint Film & Slide Digital Converter [New] - $39.99 + $5 shipping

1 * VuPoint FSC1VPBX2 Film & Slide Digital Converter

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

I wish these things could auto feed stacks of negs!

Amazon reviews are not very charming… 38 1-stars out of 76

So, in layman’s terms, what does it do?

Seems like the owners who posted reviews on Amazon aren’t that happy with it (mediocre hardware, terrible software)
http://www.amazon.com/VuPoint-FS-C1-VP-Slide-Digital-Converter/dp/B000V7CPJG

Adorama’s reviews were also bad:

Hmm. Averaging only 2.5 stars on Amazon isn’t the greatest. But not bad. (** removed my Amazon link since like 3 peeps above already posted the same link**)

2.4 stars averaged on Buzzillions
http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/vupoint-solutions-fs-c1-vp-film-scanner-5-0-mega-pixels-cmos-sensor-usb-reviews

If you actually need to scan film and want to get results that don’t look like junk, spend a couple hundred on a Plustek.

Believe it or not, people took photos before 1997, and they didn’t throw out the slides when they got a digital camera.

I used this model to convert my families slides onto DVD as a christmas gift.

Worked flawlessly capture software was fine, Whats also neat is you can put negatives and scan them too.

Usage : Very easy, load reel with slides push capture button on computer bam done. The hardest part is putting the slides in the reel.

Good buy but i already have one.

to the guy who suggested the scans look like scaffolding. The scans looked great especially considering some the slides were 30+ years old.

Will this work on studio film? 16mm?

[even if I have to jam it in or hack it?]

I have lots of movie trailer reels I’d like stills from

does it work with vista or seven?

Had one and returned it. Photos are rather grainy, and the colors turn really, really muted - hard to explain, but easy to notice… it’s like the difference between a waxed and unwaxed black car.

It’s basically a crappy camera duct taped to a box with a light source.

woot! writes:

> “. . . even then he never managed to get all of this film developed. But now I can scan it with the VuPoint Film & Slide Digital Converter.”

umm, if it hasn’t been developed, it can’t be scanned.

JADP.

Work with a mac?

$45.99 shipped.

I have slides my Dad shot in the 50s and 60s. They’ve held up a lot better than the yellowing photos from those years. Too bad this device doesn’t get such good reviews.

This would be neat if I had any idea where any of my negatives are. I’ll have to call my mother in the morning, she still uses film sometimes.

I have been wanting one of these for quite a while. My parents gave me all the slides they’d accumulated over the course of my childhood and I’ve wanted to convert them.

Looking for reviews on ease of use and quality.