VuPoint Film & Slide Digital Converter

This will be good for long tasks of converting parents photos…thanks!

I bought this same unit last woot-off.

It was 39.99 + $5 shipping last time.

My wife has been using it to convert all of our old slides and negatives to digital and has been very happy with it.

This makes it an even better deal this time.

Oh, the memories. I can remember being a young lad of eight years and being invited over to friends of my parents so we could watch their two “trays” of slides of their recent vacation to Dollywood (or some other equally boring place).

Good to know. I was considering this but I will wait. Thanks.

booooring…

Picked up one of these last time as a Christmas present for dad, who has 1,000’s of slides.

Works well, and makes it really convenient, the software that comes with it makes it the easiest to use, but a more feature rich software makes the pictures turn out better.

Item like this are very good for my budget, lol.

Not very good review The rating: 1 out of 5 Stars. Pixmonix.com

Amazon reviews for this are terrible. As an amateur photographer, I got a little excited at first; but apparently the software and scan quality are crap.

I don’t believe that it does. Two trays, one for slides, and I believe the other was for 35 mm film. You MIGHT be able to cobble something out of the 35mm tray… but don’t count on it.

I think the idea is intelligent, but are’nt the people who still had slides dead by now???

That’s okay. You could outsource your slide scanning and get hundreds done for $35.

digmypix
scancafe
or Google it

Wait, who are you, those were my parents?!!

Amazon site … some good reviews some bad, one very detailed on its use.

http://www.amazon.com/VuPoint-FS-C1-VP-Slide-Digital-Converter/dp/B000V7CPJG

It’s prolly fine for slides in the cardboard frames but I have about a dozen Airquipt magazines loaded with slides mounted in glass and I’m sure this won’t work at all. Guess I’ll drag out the ol’ projector!

what’s a slide?

Referb sell for $30-$35 BUT this is NEW.

Read problems and quality not the best. Also read it doesn’t work in vista or windows 7, some problems with xp too.

If it was made better and better reviews + compat with newest windows I might have jumped.

You can go to any photo lab and get this done, I recommend http://www.northcoastphoto.com/
they will let you mail the film/slides and they email you back PROFESSIONAL, high-res scans, not crappy, overexposed images.

I’m going to write a love song about F5…

Despite the reviews, I think I’ll try it. The price is so good.