Wagner Power Painter

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Wagner Power Painter
$32.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

Product List:

• 1 Wagner Power Painter

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Wonder if it’s cheaper to just go with vinyl or some other siding that doesn’t require maintenance…

Great Deal but, to old of model for me.

Product Website

Power Painter reviews are average at best on Buzzillions.
http://www.buzzillions.com/x/s?N=4294811422&D=x&cat=&extra=all-product&Ntt=Wagner+Power+Painter

Are these safe to use indoors for painting?

I’m needing to paint four or five rooms in my house and this would save me a LOT of trouble if this works.

I always wondered how easy these things were to clean out after painting. Anyone know?

I had one of these 16 years ago, had to thin the paint so much to get it to work that everything I sprayed ran like mad - does anyone know if these are any better?

PAINT MY HOUSE!!

Well, you know what they say… Go big or go home. Will this work with metallic paints? I suddenly decided that my garage, front door, car, and possibly lawn are not gold-plated enough. This will cut application time down drastically.

Honestly, on this item, you get what you pay for. Do you HONESTLY think you can get 2 DECENT sprayers for this price? Seriously… Google both of them, I’m pretty sure you will see it’s ok for some jobs… But failboat for others.

What I’d use this for (because I’ve had 2 of them literally exploded paint everywhere) is for outside… On decks or fences…

I’ll stick to a $100+ airless sprayer for inside or the old fashioned rollers (god they suck). LOL!

[geek]
First sentence of the description sounds very… Doctor Who. Very much like the series 2 finale, to be exact.

[/geek]

Paint’s gotta be really thin to shoot through this thing and cleanup time pretty much negates any time saved using it to paint with.
Seriously, a cheap airless rig can put on 5 times more paint in a day than these toys can, and you can put it on without thinning it to water with an airless rig.

Trust me, you can roll it on faster.

Amazon link for the Wide Shot, $114.90:

http://www.amazon.com/Wagner-Power-Painter-Backpack-Sprayer/dp/B000KKOKT2/ref=sr_1_11

Paint’s gotta be really thin to shoot through this thing and cleanup time pretty much negates any time saved using it to paint with.
Seriously, a cheap airless rig can put on 5 times more paint in a day than these toys can, and you can put it on without thinning it to water with an airless rig.

Trust me, you can roll it on faster.

As a writer, I’m usually pretty darn impressed by the rapier wit and clever puns casually tossed into Woot’s descriptions. Tonight? Somebody got really behind on their write-ups while they were busy reading comic books and they came out with this gem. Seriously, Woot? You can do better.

Here’s the CORRECT 272045 Wide 5.4GPH (as woot is selling) and its reviews on Amazon. Syndil’s link goes to a 7.2GPH model. Ace Hardware confirms 305 = 272045.

I got a Wagner sprayer at home depot on clearance and it’s ok. More of a splatterer than a sprayer. Works ok for small stuff…I used it to spray ceiling cans for recessed lights and air return vents. Definitely wouldn’t use it to spray walls. You’d constantly be refilling the little tank and you’d get a bumpy texture and quite a few drips.

These are trash… Your paint has to almost be like water to go through properly, and it WILL dry in the spray unit causing it to spray incorrectly. Then even if it sprays the way you want it to, it will run so much that you will need to trace it with a brush to even out the layers.

Nope… do not pass go… do not receive $100.00, nor an award for the paint project you looked forward to doing.