Waring Kitchen Electrics

Here’s a video for the food slicer.

Does anyone here have one and have anything to say about it?

I had this exact food slicer. It was okay, but nothing great.

The thickness adjustment didn’t stay put very well, and the plastic “pusher” eventually broke, at which point I retired it.

If you buy this, you will need to grease the slides whenever you use it, as they will stick and not be smooth otherwise. I recommend using vegetable shortening or a food-safe grease.

It doesn’t come apart easily for cleaning, so keeping this thing clean was a real pain. This was the major detraction of this model.

Also, this does not come with a smooth blade. If you want to do really thin slices you will want a smooth blade.

Very helpful. Thanks!

I purchased the meat grinder last time it was on woot. It just makes a lot of noise, but does not grind anything. I have contacted the company for assistance over two weeks ago but they never replied to me. I wouldn’t recommend buying it!

I purchased the meat grinder last time it was on woot. It just makes a lot of noise, but does not grind anything. I have contacted the company for assistance over two weeks ago but they never replied to me. I wouldn’t recommend buying it!

I’ve had a store bought deep fryer for years. Just replaced the lid for $30. Best deep fryer I’ve ever owned. Can’t do a whole chicken though.

Meat Slicer

I’ve had mine for a couple years and it gets the job done on raw meats. I’ve used the thing about three dozen times and it hasn’t had any problems yet. It is pretty slow and the slider bar is pretty wanky.

The meat comes out the back in a weird fashion, and will make a huge mess if you are not careful. I use it to make jerky or philly cheese steaks and it does slice really thin.

WaringPro is bottom line specialty appliances, their CS sucks and their products are not guaranteed for long. Their products are not meant for repetitive use, but imo, for more special occasions.

If you’re looking to slice daily, or multiple times a week, this isn’t for you, it will not last.

Thanks for the detail, piskami, especially on the company.

How can they use the word “professional” on this stuff?

Well, I work with lots of people who consider themselves professional, claim to be professionals, and have all the appearances of being professional, until they are asked to so some actual work. And after each cycle of bewilderment, annoyance, reluctance, acceptance, mis-starts, mistakes, and claims of completion, they still claim to be professionals. I work at a small software company in Redmond, and in the past have suggested that some of these coworkers would be better suited to running a french fry station.

I think the Waring deep fryer would be perfect.

at the bottom of the box it says “only for home use”. I guess it is supposed to make you feel professional, and not much more than that

OK, why no Waring Blendor?

This was the guy who made Jimmy Buffett famous, with his “blendor” and Margaritas. (Can anyone say Margaritaville?)

But, no “blendors.”

(Yes, check the link, I DID spell “blendor” correctly.)

steve