Wat should woot sell?

What new things should woot sell?

I’m tinkering/testing some codes, at the same time I try to answer your question…or rather, explain the lack of response you’ve received.

There have been several versions of this thread, most recently, these…Click on them, check 'em out and add what you most desire to the list, along with the other wooter:

From the News forum:
We’ll sell anything on Woot – but we won’t sell that, a post which ends by asking, “More generally, tell us what kinds of things you’d like to see for sale on the site. What’s your dream woot?”

From EElse Forum:
What Items Would You Want Woot to Sell?

http://img116.exs.cx/img116/6469/g5cgrin.gif

(Quote tags still out of whack, so…I’m messing w/ them.)

test…

You did it. Yay, Gimma.

Edit: Or maybe not.

Hey Gimma, do you think woot ate my PM’s ? Only mine seem to be gone.

I definitely haven’t fixed anything, lol…just tinkering.

Whoa…you mean, regardless of how you access them, they’re gone?

1. “My Forums” > “Private Messages” > empty for you? (THIS method works fine…my messages are there.)

2)Bottom of the page from dropdown menu “Please Select”> “Private Messages” > doesn’t work for me , either. Takes me to forum’s main page.

Try #1 from the link at the top of the page…wow.

Found someone else who lost them. Are yours gone too? As long as it not just mine, I do have some stuff there I need, but I can get it again.

Did you try the first method:

1. At top of page, click “My Forums” > “Private Messages tab” > (THIS method works fine…my messages are there.) Where do you end up, if not your PM box? Another forum page or an empty PM page?

Gimma, you are a genius!!! I have never done it that way, but there they are!!!

Thank You!!!

Woot really needs to pay you!!!

So how come Gimma has the quote in her message and the rest of us don’t.

Because Gimma can do anything!!!

pooflady wrote:

If you take the user=“nameofuser” out of the opening [ quote ] block, you at least get the block. If you add [ b ]name of user wrote:[ /b ] before it, it even looks like the original quotes. (like above)

(til they fix it at least …)

Lol, it’s just an alternate route to the pm box. I figured if the code (or whatever is going on) wasn’t working for your usual link, try the other. AS long as they’re still there.

http://scosoft.com/s/d/62a82059.gif

Exactly what I’ve been doing, but I’m not doing the bold because I don’t want the codeslaves to see it and think it’s fixed, lol!

…just messing w/ different tags…better than a “one letter” quote, heh.

** name of user wrote:**

If you take the user=“nameofuser” out of the opening [ quote ] block, you at least get the block. If you add [ b ]name of user wrote:[ /b ] before it, it even looks like the original quotes. (like above)

(til they fix it at least …)

[/quote]

Like this?

What motivated you to learn how to do all this stuff? You only learned a year or so ago, right?
Poof and I just learn what we need to survive.

Because we’re lazy. Admit it.

I just like it…it’s sort of like a puzzle to me. I love tinkering w/ things and hate instructions. It’s fun to learn through trial and error.

Gimma typed:

Ha! That’s the way I write code!

*"Gee, I wonder if *this* will do what I want..."*
*"Nope.  Damn.  How 'bout *this*?"*
*"Damn."*

and on and on… Good thing I don’t code for a living.

Edit: Just like I had to do twice with this post … :slight_smile:
Edit: Make that three times … smilies aren’t working either …