Waterloo 52" 8-Drawer Tool Chest

Got a metric ball pien I could sell ya…

Agree 100%. Kennedy and other boxes cost 2 and 3 times this much for the same size. They are built to take a beating, and if you make your living off of using tools, and are in and out of a toolbox all day…yea, you’ll spend alot to keep them safe, and easy to get to.

I personally can’t justify that price for an intermediate box, but I also don’t make a living off of using hand tools everyday. Those that do, probably wonder what is wrong with this box being above the “hobbiest” box and below the “professional” box pricing.

Hey all, when looking at this, keep in mind that this is from the Waterloo professional series.

Waterloo Professional Series page

They have different levels of tool boxes. Their professional series is meant to take a beating and hold more weight than lesser boxes.

No sales stats 8 hours after start of this woot. At $750, Woot must not have sold any yet?

The quality of the metal and the drawer slides of waterloo boxes is FAR superior to Chinese manufacturers. This is a good box and the price is not terrible for what you are getting. This is not a box for the novice home user, its for someone with a strong hobby or a professional interest. I know several mechanics that have boxes worth over $15,000. They last a lifetime and have warranties that match. I’ll never have one… you’ll probably never have one… but I don’t think its crazy for my buddy to have one.

I totally agree with you on this. Companies like Snap on and Matco service what they sell at your door step, guaranty many of their tools for life and most importantly allow the customer to essentially rent to own. I’m sure this box has everything that makes it top quality such as weld vs bolt together, paint quality, drawer construction and so on. However, it is competing in the wrong realm here on WOOT.I really want to love this box. It has EVERYTHING I like in a tool box except like the others have stated a mind blowing price. If the Waterloo guy was coming by my shop weekly taking $25 on my box payment plan and fixing my broken 3/8 inch drive socket wrench for free on the visit I might think differently about this box.

Is this just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide, No escape from reality

Yeah - it’s not enough!

A family friend is a heavy duty mechanic for a municipal fleet. He’s quite proud that his tool box, excluding the tools, cost more than the car (an older Ford Focus) he drives.

Open your eyes,

And see this this isn’t a good buy.

Only $750? Wow.

Is “Designed, engineered and assembled in the USA” a roundabout way of saying “Parts made in China?”

Hey, that’s not the next line!

The US Federal Trade Commission has rules dictating when a product can be simply labeled “made in” versus “assembled in”. If integral components used in the final product are imported, a simple “made in” cannot be used.

This is deliberately done so that consumers are not duped by companies which used to state “made in the USA”, but if you disassemble product, one would find all the internal components are made elsewhere. It’s why a washing machine cannot simply say “made in the USA”, but only “assembled in the USA” if its motor comes from Mexico, the pump from Italy, and the circuit boards from China along with other sub-components from Taiwan and Korea.

I see the price was lowered by $50.

People complaining about the price tag for this professional grade toolbox would probably have a heart attack if they saw the price tag on my 3 bank Snap-On Epiq.

Yup, $699 now.

Not a bad price, the 41" boxes on Waterloo sites are $750. This is a large box, most Craftsman top boxes are designed to fit their 26" to 41inch bottom boxes.

Look up to the skies and see…

So I get all the comments…my original point which I didn’t elaborate on is WHO in their right mind (who is not a professional mechanic) is going to spend this kind of money on a box. For that price it better provide a happy ending.

Yes, I have some friends that might drop that kind of cash because it is top of the line or whatever. Just like when we were in grade school, I point and laugh at them…then buy tickets to Florida to get away from the New England snow. Oh…and I still have money left over for the Lowe’s version to hold my decidedly crappy tools since I only do home repairs.

Anywho, I get that there may be a market for this but I would suggest Woot is not it.

I’m just a poor boy, I need no sympathy.