Waterman Ballpoint Pen

Got the red ones last week. Love 'em, great gifts, and they come in a little presentation box. Good Woot!

Got three of the red version. Very nice pen so… in for three of the blue!

Certainly a great deal for $6+ change each.

u need sharpie…

I’ve got a waterman fountain pen that ran me about $75 or so from a jewelry store… It’s definitely attention getting, and is very well crafted and perfectly balanced. Watermans are known for being luxe premium pens in the likes of Mont Blanc, Sheaffer, Wahl, etc. Although I can’t vouch for the quality of this model, it’s an easy way to get yourself into a ‘good pen’ manufacturer for cheap!

I just got my three red ones yesterday. I have to say I am disappointed.
I am not a ‘pen expert’, but there is no discernible difference between the writing quality if this pen and a .39 cent Bic.
Sure it looks nice, and the retracting mechanism has a smooth action, but it still writes like a cheap pen.

I think the russians solved that problem by using a pencil while we spent millions making a pressurized pen.

No, We are just cheap and love a good deal.

In for 3! Oh yeah baby!

It’s because you people are still awake at 1 AM central time, while those of us in the Eastern time zone are asleep. (See California? It’s lit up, too.) Except when we’re working all night to finish pieces of a grant proposal, and take a quick break to check woot. (But even then, I’m not buying, so maybe you are pushovers to the woot marketing genies…)

happy I’m in for 3! wanted these last time and missed it, scared at the fact that already they are 10% gone… might be in for 3 more

happy I’m in for 3! wanted these last time and missed it, scared at the fact that already they are 10% gone… might be in for 3 more

Something is wrong here.

Waterman offers a 3 year (or if you register it, 5 year) warranty on all their pens.
The clips on almost all Waterman pens have a slot cut into them, the only exceptions are when the slot will conflict with the design of the pen.
I couldn’t find this model on any of my regular pen sites.

I think I’ll continue to use my Expert II Fountain Pen.

In for 3.
I understand these things can write checks up to and over a million dollars!
In any language!
Can’t wait.

My Expert II never treated me well, though I tend to blame it on my cartridge and not the pen itself :slight_smile:

Not in for any. I got the three red, and they are cheap lightweight quality, don’t write very well, and the refills cost more than the whole pen! PASS!!!

A common myth. Both space programs actually used pencils in the early days, and neither side cared to go to pens. Fisher decided on their own to make a pen capable of writing in Space, created such a pen, and eventually both space programs adopted the design.

I don’t use cartriges, I use a converter. My Waterman ink bottle is still almost full, most of my pens work best with MontBlanc ink.

I ordered 3 red and received them the other day; glad to be able to order another 3 blue. These are nice pens and great small gift items.

(Edit – My square color just changed to black. Exciting – now I’m a “mature” wooter!!!)

Got this for free from Rakuten: Online & In-Store Cash Back | Shop 3,500 Stores! checkout $10 off. Not worth paying for IMO, at this price it’s just not anything special.

I want to buy one of these, don’t really have anyone to gift them to, but I just can’t see myself actually going that long without losing a pen. :frowning: