WD My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender

Just received this range extender and was under the assumption it was a plug and play. Not a techie person so of course it wasn’t that easy. Came wit NO instructions or even any paperwork. I have enough problems with WI-FI issues so had to unplug it to get my wireless connection back. It was asking to register it and wanted a username and password and of course I had nothing to enter. Any suggestions?

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear that. Would not hurt to contact WD Support as you do have a 6-month warranty with the item and they may have a PDF to send you to get it set up.

No instructions in my box either. I was hoping that there was a PDF to download here. Guess not.

Documentation http://products.wdc.com/library/UM/ENG/4779-705081.pdf

why is googling something so hard for some people?

The range Extender works very well but under certain circumstances it asks for a password which; of course, I don’t have. It does not have a provision for creating a password so I am confused. It seems to work well as is up to the point of asking for the password. Do you have an answer for this?

I haven’t bought this yet but am thinking about it. I’m not a techie and no clue how this works. Can anyone tell me if I need an ethernet cord and/or if this has a power cord or works off of batteries?

Here are set up instructions.

Got two. Both work fine on 5 GHz. No documentation but everything at the WD web site. Internal processor is slower than dirt so be ready to wait for the configuration web pages to show up.

anyone know the difference between models of the WDBAPK0000NCH - HESN, VESN,NESN?
cannot find any comparison info

It doesn’t let them go on to the product page they bought it from and let them ■■■■■ and moan.

With all the great reviews, not one mentioned how much the range increased in feet.