WD MyNet N750 2x2 Wireless N Router

The N900 version does not compare to this one. It has a wireless chipset that has NO support from any open-source driver, and has many many issues.

The one offered here has a very well understood and well supported chipset.

This is prob the dumbest question here but here goes. Can this be used as a modem? Does it create wifi at the same time for my broadband internet?

From a person who really understands this only in the most basic terms (but somehow is responsible for hooking up service for three different households): this is only a router. A WiFi router. That is to say, it will give you WiFi around your house. If you already have a broadband modem (that you’re renting from your cable company, or that you own outright) this item will let you access that broadband service wirelessly. It comes with installation instructions (how to connect the router to your modem, and all the rest), which makes setup pretty easy.

(I hope I understood your question correctly.)

Anyone know of a “wireless bridging for dummies” primer online somewhere this? Thanks.

Ok. It took me a while, but I was able to flash one of the 2 routers I bought last week and install Gargoyle. The initial Polish interface is a bit intimidating but you can easily toggle over to English. The Gargoyle router is now my wireless range extender. I have yet to install it on the actual router.

On the a Gargoyle device, I can only seem to choose one of the four bands to extend. Is this a limitation of Gargoyle or the hardware? If anyone has any insight on this, I’d greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

This thing is a piece of crap

Even though this item is sold as new with a 6 month warranty WD assures me it was sold re-certified, as is, zero warranty.

I’m sorry for the problem. Please use the Support form linked at the top of the page to contact customer support for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

Make sure to give them the info you obtained from WD. I’ll let the computers team know as well.