WD MyPassport Ultra Portable Hard Drives

Im assuming this isn’t a solid state drive although I can’t find confirmation of that ANYWHERE!! Anyone know the drive speed of the hard drive inside?

Bought one of these for my Xbox One the last time around. I didn’t have to do anything, other than plug it in and have the Xbox format it.

How do I get your
“bug”?

I 'bout busted my laptop trying to smash the little bugger.

Great response!!! HaHaHaHaHaHa

Go here.

Are these 2.5" or 3.5"?

If 2.5", I would like to get a 2TB to gut it and install into my PS4. I’ve heard reports of many doing that successfully to “external” hard drives.

But how can I get rid of your bug? Quirky fun the first time, quickly annoying after that.

It won’t go away. You’re welcome.

While 150% the price, if you’re uneasy about buying a refurb you can get a new 1T for $59.99 at Amazon, Staples (with free shipping) and MicroCenter

http://blog.jeffcitylaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/crawling-bug.gif

Them damn bugs are taking over.

I have a 2TB I picked up about a year ago to store photo backups (I take a million pics with a DSLR). Works great, and I have it setup to automatically backup to my Dropbox account. Piece of cake!

If you didn’t keep the videos in not, then you weren’t making a backup at all, you were just storing it in another place. The point of a backup is that you have one copy, then a backup copy. So if your backup failed you could re-back it up from the original source.

I’ve bought both new & refurb WDs and also have a little stack of them (various sizes & colors). Never had any problems with any of them.

I go for the redundant+double-up, backup both by file-copy & by backup-program’s system.

Especially for anything important, you need multiple backups.

If you have uBlock installed, you can right click “the bug” and choose Block Element, you will see it highlighted in red, mouse down to the lower right of your screen and click Create and you got yourself a virtual flyswatter.

From what I can find it looks like its 5,400 RPM HDD

Yes, as all 2.5-inch externals seem to be.

SSDs are getting really cheap but if someone thought they were getting a 1TB SSD for $40 … well, I want some of what THEY are smoking! I just got a 1TB SSD for myself for about $180 and that was a CRAZY good deal.

Do you mean this one?:

http://artoftrolling.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/fblvn.gif?w=100&h=100

Just paste the following in between the IMG tags in a post:
http://artoftrolling.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/fblvn.gif?w=100&h=100

it’s factory reconditioned which by woot’s standards means it was brought back to like new quality by the manufacturer itself or by a licensed party.

I’ve bought many factory reconditioned items and they performed perfectly.

Just throwing it out there but I wouldn’t buy any hard drive reconditioned other than a solid state drive. There’s not much in the specs about the storage media but assuming it’s a platter these things fail often from getting bounced around.

Doesn’t matter, sold out now!