WE PROTEST! UNFAIR WOOT RULES FOR EAST COAST VS. WEST COAST DUE TO TIME DIFFERENCE!

I’m in favor of changing ht time to 12am PST, so you Atlantians have to stay up until 3.

Works for me. I’m practially always up this late anyway.

Forget the time zone issue…we gotta pay tax here in Texas. I’d settle for any crazy hour in the middle of the night if only I didn’t have to pay tax…maybe I can get woot moved to the east or west coast!!

Give the pols a little time . . . soon all states AND the Fed will levy some kind of sales tax on the net . . .

. . . for the time being, perhaps everyone should establish billing addresses in sales tax-free states while maintaining their usual delivery address . . .

I’m not, and I’ll tell you why! While I do temporarily reside on the left coast, you right coasters get all the woots that sell out when you come to work. I come in to work and find out that woot sold their last product at 8:30 a.m. EDT, that’s a 3 hour jump you’ve got on me! I can’t come in to work at 5:30 just to catch the dregs I’ve been sleeping on all nite! No, I’m afraid the decided advantage is yours. Too many more items sell out at 8:30 a.m. EDT than those that sell out at midnite CDT.

Anyway, if you’re having problems losing sleep because of woot, just have a few kids, and you won’t worry about lack of sleep anymore!

Their business, their rules… Seems to be working pretty well for them. No, I don’t like having to be up at midnight to get the best deals, but them’s the breaks. Sometimes I stay up, sometimes I go to bed. Some mornings I check Woot! and say “I’m glad I didn’t stay up for that.” Other mornings I wake up and cry like a baby 'cauce I missed something I really, really wanted/needed. Life goes on and, in case your mama didn’t tell you, LIFE AIN’T FAIR! Deal with it, move on…

Hey! that is the point… you get to work and it is already sold out. Then it is not fair to you and you have a disadvantage. right?

Mac Daddy, this guy needs a list all his own. I haven’t heard snot fair since my kids grew up.

okay then… how about you try going back to school. then you can stay up until 1:00 every night for woot, but be so poor that you can’t afford any of the deals.

As a fellow east coaster, I agree the timing is less than desirable, but I learned to deal with it. Woot is woot’s business, and if you don’t like the way the company does its business, then don’t give them your money. that’s how it works for every other company in the country.

Thank you Turk!

p.s. west coast rules baby! [:)]

hey, you could always move to austalia, where the woots pop up at 3pm! oh but then there’s the shipping thing to work out…

Or, you could come to Iraq. the woot comes up at 9 am, which is just about perfect. I know a local recruiter who would love to help you take advantage of all that wooty goodness going on in the middle east lol

Don’t worry though, i’ll be in rochester suffering right along side you soon enough. fight the power brother!! FIGHT THE POWER!!

what part of rochester are you from? I’m up in greece. perhaps if you’re a “wooter with hooters” we could go out and share woot stories some time? :wink:

Hey allgoodpeople-
Glad to hear that you’ll be back home soon! some of the regulars have been wondering if you were okay. You should make an appearance over in the postwhore thread (or postwhore IRC channel) to chat. And I’m not a “woooter with hooters,” but do go up to greece every so often to play disc golf. you ever play?

Just upping my post count… BUT I hate that the new Woot comes up at 1 AM my time, yet I won’t create a whole thread about it, i.e. complain! I’m just trying to work on a solution to the problem, like getting a wake-up call from “Woot!” if a B.O.C. comes up. Woot employees, are you listening?? My number is in your database!

-female wooter who hates the term hooters-

Whooaaa, Nelly! I typed in “BOC” without the quote marks and stars and “Bone of Contention” appeared in its place… is that a part of the new rules?? (curious one)

tennbee, they must be referring to an association with the restaurant chain…or perhaps they raise owls?

My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am.

it would be cool if they’d change it to noon instead of midnight… Or… maybe on weekends they could do noon and weekdays do midnight…
But it’s not so horrible now. Sleep’s more important some days than a product I probably don’t need.

and I do find it funny that all the google ads up top are travel ones. I guess all the east coast / west coast talk sounds like travel.

Don’t change was is perfect
great timing in my oponion
10pm [:)]
West coast baby!

so, y’all didn’t read the re-posting and re-enforcing of the rules, huh?
Take down the spam site, ok??? everyone else has (or was forced to)