WeatherX Dynamo Flashlight/Radio w/ NOAA Weather Band

“3-way power: Hand crank to charge dynamo motor, AC Adaptor (not included) and “AA” batteries (not included) - DC jack terminal for charging power input or output”

The crank is a power option, not a dependency.

I live on the Florida panhandle and I have a similar unit that plugs into a wall outlet. This would be pretty useful if I stayed down there to ride out a hurricane - which I don’t ever do. When a hurricane hits my home in Destin I am no closer than Memphis. I’ll pick up the pieces later on. Nice try though.

I must have missed that one. Did it also have the charge option with the winding crank feature? Because the solar power wouuldn’t do myself any help during a natural disaster.

This is great for emergencies. It’s light enough so you can really throw it hard at a bad guy, but heavy enough to do real damage when it hits.

And, by replacing the light with 30 gauge tungsten wire, and cranking very hard, you can generate enough heat to start fires. To connect the wire to the right spot, light a match.

Gotta have one!

This is actually what it says “2-rechargeable Ni-Cad batteries (included)” maybe they are AAA?

2-rechargeable Ni-Cad batteries (included)

This thing is made by GPX. Kind of a cheap brand. But for the price I may give it a try…

These batteries charge off the crank or the power adapter, if you buy one, I think. I don’t think they charge off the AAs.

Wooted 2.
Aaah. Now the christmas shopping for the kids is done, and I can go back to drinkin’.

wish it was solar powered. got one anyway.

If I knew more about the alarm, and whether I could wake to radio, I’d buy this as a battery-powered alarm clock, with bonus weather radio.

So how loud is the alarm? It’s not a pathetic tiny meepmeep like my travel clock, is it?

My guess is that the Ni-Cads are built in, not replaceable types charged by the crank, and the AA batteries are completely separate. Hence, the “3-way power”. You can use the crank to charge the Ni-Cads, you can put in your own AA batteries, or you can plug it into the wall. The crank is for day 7 of the power failure, after you’ve run out of batteries…

After day 7 of a power failure and the only radio is NOAA its a good time to start wishing you started building that ark.

Good to have for Florida. Hurricanes and Etc.

I Wooted one. I have a Grundig dynamo powered radio. Although it’s a good product, it dosn’t have the weather band like this one; a feature I’ve often wished it had!

Wow! Now I know where Macguyver landed after his last caper!!

I bought 3 of the solar version last time… they work great! One minute of cranking gives 20 minutes of power. Anyone that lives in an area prone to hurricanes should get at least one… and for those that dont understand the connection between solar (or crank) to power a flashlight… its to pre-load the charge! So you have it for when you do need a flashlight to see (or power to listen to the radio).

And for those that have never experienced a hurricane… the days afterward are always clear and sunny as the weather system sucks in all the clouds/rain as it continues on its path. That will leave plenty of opportunity to charge the solar power devices that make living without regular electricity more comfortable while FPL works their butts off to get everyone back online. Even at that, with help from other utility companies, can take days to weeks, depending on the storm.

All that being said, I still live in paradise!!

It seems to me that if they sellout they will think it is a good product and get more for the wood off.

I got three even though I already have two different cranking radios as well as two individual cranking lights.

Does it have a digital tuner???

Here’s a link to Amazon.com for the RWB4004 (the woot is the RWB4006). One lone review, but it’s a review none the less.

http://www.amazon.com/GPX-RWB4004-Weatherband-Hand-Crankable-Flashlight/dp/B000FL60VW/

Another GPX Weather Radio at Cabelas
Cabelas - Radio with crank, light and removable flashlight – $39.99

gpx.com seems to be the manufacturer web site. You can download a PDF user manual from there. Select RWB4004 from the model drop down list, they don’t list the RWB4006 anywhere on site.
http://www.gpx.com/supp_dnld.php?&cod=82&code=Weather#

This actually isn’t a bad product for a bad price. I’m picking up 2 of these. First, you don’t have crank these for hours on end. Generally something like a 30-second crank will give you about 10 minutes. At least that’s what I’ve gotten from similar products. Everyone should a weather radio. It’s one of those things you hope you never have to use but are grateful when you do. Everyone in the Midwest should have one of these.