Weekend plans?

Well, we’ve made it through another week. Some of us get to take a little break for the weekend. Aside from checking in here at midnight, have you got anything good going on?

It’s a slow one for me. Tonight, I’ll be heading over to La Tropicana for some Mexican food with friends. Tomorrow I’ll play some roller hockey, watch a Cardinals game, and possibly have a few friends over for some barbecue (or convince someone else to do the same). Sunday, I’ll be catching up on my chores, and likely playing some games with friends in the evening.

What will you be doing this weekend?

I can put off seaweed cravings for a night of Mexican–count me in.

Hamish is spinning at the Creepy Crawl later if we can’t find anything else to do!

I’ve rented Steamboy if anyone would like to watch it this weekend.

I’m going to try to convince someone to pee outside, figure out what her name is, and practice being “quiet”.

I just got a 9 1/2 week old puppy who was a rescue and now has a perfect home filled with “no’s”. It’s a challenge with plenty of sleep deprivation, but she’s the cutest Lab/Terrier mix! My 2 cats are trying to sort things out and I am sure things will fall in to place.

That is my joy in life, but I will also be helping out my mother who has terminal cancer (stage 4 C Ovarian and lung). The puppy makes her smile which is great therapy!

Well, it’s about 105* in NYC today, w/ the heat index factor. My stepson in flying in from Dallas, for the weekend, to celebrate hubby’s ##th birthday. So, heading to the MIL’s in NJ to visit w/ other family members, in from the left coast. If it cools off, we’ll hit some tennis balls and the pool…then, on to bbq and birthday cake.

Plus, odds and ends- daily Yankees/Blue Jays, on tv, maybe a movie (Hustle&Flow or The Island) and a mad attempt to catch up on promises I’ve made.

What happened to Coral’s Geeklife @ Woot thread?

take the kids to the zoo… they have a new asian forest thing
we haven’t been in a while and we just renewed our membership. i can’t wait to pick up my umbrella i received as a gift for renewing on the phone.

edited to say… hey… you beat me

My old Geeklife@Woot thread got buried a week or two ago and I gave up searching for it. Also Geeklife is kind of working sort of again. Come visit when it’s fully operational.

Tropicana is fine with me for St. Louis Geekwootlife. We could, hypothetically, have people over to our house for BBQ on Saturday, I suppose. Perhaps it would provide the needed push to get me to trim back the trees and make room for some wiffle ball.

Wootie: good luck with your puppy/cat relations. Ask Dave Bug about how his cats and puppy-like dog get along. Best of luck to you.

Today = last day of boring office work, i.e. last day of I have the luxury of starting the day off with Woot and checking Geeklife every 10 minutes. I’ll stop by when I can.

Wootie Tootie, animal therapy is fantastic! Glad it’s helping with your mom’s spirits. Wishing you strength in what you’re going through with her (and the puppy, lol).

I lost mine two years ago to Breast Cancer, after a fifteen year battle…it’s exhausting for all involved…which reminds me, my dad’s first serious gf since mom’s death will be in NYC on Monday and wants to spend some time together. It’s a strange feeling, but fortunately, I like her, A LOT!

for y’all that Geeklife’s back up.

I’m going to nurse a root canal. Geez, the root was so long Iswear I felt something pulling in my toes while the dentist was pulling out the root!
Finally able to turnoff the AC and open the windows.
Going to the Cubs game on Tuesday.

[quote user=“squarewoot”]I’m going to nurse a root canal. Geez, the root was so long Iswear I felt something pulling in my toes while the dentist was pulling out the root!
Finally able to turnoff the AC and open the windows.
Going to the Cubs game on Tuesday.[/quote]
Hehehe, enjoying the Vicodin? Feel better, squarewoot.

Our family of frustrated Cubbies fans will be rooting for y’all, as usual. Fortunately, our AL team is the Yanks, so it kinda’ balances out for us.

R has a friend in from out of town and we may be looking for a REAL ACTIVITY tonight such as going to the City Museum or The Science Hip Hop Spin at Blueberry Hill.

We will be at La Tropicana and I will be playing hockey tomorrow. I just cleaned the bearings in my skates! Yeah!

Sunday we will be attending the Cards game to see Chris Carpenter kick some ass.

[quote user=“gimmaroon”]
Hehehe, enjoying the Vicodin? Feel better, squarewoot.

Our family of frustrated Cubbies fans will be rooting for y’all, as usual. Fortunately, our AL team is the Yanks, so it kinda’ balances out for us. [/quote]

Ah, but of course! Pain bad. Vicodin GOOD! I wouldn’t of been able to sleep at all last night if it wasn’t forthe kindness ofWootie Tootie, who shared some of hers!
But now Igotta whole bottle! Bwhahaha!
I am amazed at how many people from all over are Cub fans. Iwent to a game on July 14th. I was sitting next to a gentleman and his son who drove 5 hours from Cleveland for the game. They drove right back home after the game because the dad had to go to work the next day.

Tonight: possibly Happy Life.
Possibly the Red Stripes at Lemmons
Possibly Gil Mantera’s Party Dream at the Way Out
Possibly Hamish record spin.

Tomorrow: Get some moving in.
Rachel McCalla Housewarming
Possibly the Electric at the Gearbox

Sunday: DudeFest!!! at JB park.

What is DudeFest???

I’m taking it easy and staying inside out of the rain for the most part… I may go with my realtor to look at houses on Sunday, but that will probably wait until next week in the hopes of better weather. Once I find a place I plan to get a puppy so feel free to pass on any tips from your weekend session… :wink:

Other than that it’s computer games, movies, reading, working on a baby blanket for my friend, and Woot!

tonight, I hope to keep working on my email project.

Tomorrow is a “game day” where a regular group of friends gets together for a potluck party to play board games, card games, and such. Though we’re starting that at an unknown time this time (games within a game!), our hostess has put her house on the market and this is an “open house” weekend, so she’ll call us all when the realtor leaves, and we’ll converge on her now-sparsely furnished and freshly cleaned home for an evening of Carcassonne, or some such.

Another friend had a birthday this week, we may do something fun on Sunday if she’s not overbooked already.

By they way, I think you have “let the cat out of the bag” as far as the possibility of any weekend woot-off goes . . . not that I’m ready for another . . . in fact still a bit perturbed about the ice cream makers. . .

DudeFest is the release party for the new Dudes magazine. Bunnygrunt are playing. I don’t know the times. Ask Hamish or Karen.

Wow, this is the first weekend since June that I haven’t had to work.

Today: El Boss took us out for a large sumptuous meal (good); paid us (better). I ran 6 miles and went to see a mid-evening movie with Work Pal #1 (“Me and you and everyone we know”).

Tomorrow: Wedding invitation assemblin’, book sellin’, hitting Market Days with Work Pal #2. Lo, how we shall be drunkified.

Sunday: Chicago Distance Classic, selling some furniture to the Ancient, then Work Pal #3’s fringe theater production in the evening along with Work Pals # 1 and #2.

As you can see, on Woot I must be metric Rosy, as opposed to Imperial unit Rosy over on teh GL.

Hi!

[quote user=“rosy42k”]Wow, this is the first weekend since June that I haven’t had to work.
[/quote]

heh. I think I’ve only been working weekends since July.

Hopefully I can get out this weekend for a run or a bike ride!

Late, as usual… Acedad and I are at our home on an island in Lake Erie…weather has been absolutely beautiful!!! Lake Erie has recovered so much from the past few decades…it is clear, pretty, and has lots of fish.
We plan to go back to our regular home Sunday or Monday…but if the weather gets bad, we’ll be stuck here.
Too bad, huh???

Hey, it’s the weekend again, so seems like this thread’s due for a bump. What have you got going on this fine next coupla days?