Weinstock Cellars Wines by W Mix - 6 Pack

For those asking for kosher wines,
And
For those asking for budget wines,

Happy Birthday!!! Ha Ha Ha

Just curious, do you see that with these wines? I don’t see it in the picture, nor a mention on the web. But it sounds like you may have experience with this winery.

Edit: To answer my own question…if you go here…

And search for company “royal wine”, and brand “Weinstock”, you’ll see that all these wines seem to be certified as OU-P

It could be that they’re actually made from the “mensa” grape, well-known and well-studied in traditional English schools, paricularly those with a historical Italophile bent.

These “mensae” are woody and angular, but have a certain fustilarian charm: almost rigid to begin with, after much repetition and familiarisation, the students’ understanding of them increases to the extent that they are even spoken to in a special “vocative” case.

A ligneous grape, declined by almost all the unfortunately overfamiliar linguistic novices over and over again, endlessly declaring how much they love them. mensas amant.

Finally, a blush! Too bad the other 4 bottles would probably go to waste…

all these wines are mevushal and certified kosher.

Just mix a bottle of the red with a bottle of the white. Bingo, 6 bottles of blush!

So what kind of pairing options do we have with these? I’m thinking the white could work with a big bucket of oysters, the red with some hearty cheeseburgers, and the rose with, I dunno, pork chops or something, in a nice cream sauce?

I am glad in the wide world of wine options such as these exist for those for whom these matters are important. I suppose one could use all three for surf & turf with Bechemel sauce…

Seriously?

You’re going to eat PORK chops with Passover Kosher wine?

Anyway, aside from the Virginia restriction, “pass” for me. Not big on huge commercial wine producers, and not big on things labeled “table wine”, and not big on not being told what grapes, what percentages, and where they’re from.

Shellfish with kosher wine?

You Goy.

re:kosher wine

sheesh, some people don’t have a sense of humor.
I thought it was … quite droll

You’re right; my bad. I’ve spent too much time on TotalFark arguing politics that I think I’ve broken my sarcasm detector. =(

I actually missed the cheeseburger reference until you pointed it out, too. Lawl.

You don’t like triple treif? (assuming the ‘turf’ was ham)?

This thread is making me kvell.

I’ll have to think about picking this up for the next time my parents come over for the weekend. They look at my current wine stock and sigh, like good Jewish parents would. Kosher would boost my standing. Thank you Woot!

Oh, and I’m assuming it won’t make it in time for Rosh Hashana this year, little over two weeks away.

For those for whom such matters are important, I prefer other options. Too bad that the Woot offering from Hagafen was a one-time deal. Hagafen’s whites, in particular, are wonderful QPR for any wine (not just kosher) and are quite nice. I especially like their Sauv Blanc and Roussanne, and their Chard is well made and not a butter-bomb. The have several rieslings, which also are more acidic and dryer than one might expect out of Napa & environs.

Herzog’s higher-end labels are producing some really nice wine these days, including one from To Kalon and other single vineyard wines, like Haystack from Atlas Peak. Covenant, Brobdignagian, and 4 Gates are other well-thoughtof American kosher producers.

Rogov’s reviews of previous vintages of the Red and White:

Maybe it’s just me, but it made me chuckle. Guess I’m just a sucker for gastro-ethnic humor.

Heh, I did the same double take. long time TFer here too! I think it rots our brains.

if im not jewish, will i go to hades for drinking kosher wine?

if its a screw top, will that change the answer???

And, in the irony of all ironies, I got bacon for this post. L’chaim!