Well Done

That write up makes me so happy. Someone gets it! That’s right folks, the way to make a good female character is to make a character instead of a stereotyped, 2-dimensional plot device. I’m glad at least someone in the movie/tv business gets that. :slight_smile:

Who the hell would celebrate Alien: Resurrection?

Naw, already saw all the episodes of the Dr. Steel show.

stares at empty wallet

stares at shirt

Oh well, I can always eat next week. :wink:

Dr. Horrible was written during the writers strike in Hollywood. He was just goofing around because he had nothing else to do. Who writes a musical just because they are bored? The man is amazing. I just wish there was a dollhouse reference because it was really good too.

Be still my rapidly beating fan girl heart. My only question is why don’t I have it on right now?

Definitely, definitely well done!

Oooh, shiny! I notice a lack of a Dollhouse reference.

Everyone should check out his latest work, acting in a professionally produced short written by a kid:
[youtube=Ef2wnLL1s00][/youtube]

Just when I thought I had to stop buying so many Woot! shirts, you suck me back in with a Titan A.E. reference. Ah well, it’s not like I buy clothes anywhere else anyway…

I don’t get the Titan A.E. reference. Can someone explain what the ring is supposed to be?

Oops! I waited too long to buy the Procrastination shirt.

Still available, will be for at least the next eight days!

The ring to activate the Titan.

I’m still trying to figure out the hat and the grenade?

I might have better enjoyed a ref to Black Widow because of Whedon’s strong women, but Cap’s shield was probably the most recognizable symbol to pull from Avengers.

Whedon is one of my top heros in entertainment media. Just amazing. I need this shirt in my life.

Dr. Horrible = Goggles. Check.

Firefly/Serenity = Gun (at bottom). Check.

Titan AE = Ring. Check.

Avengers = Cap’s Shield. Check.

Alien Resurrection = Alien head. Check.

Buffy = Wooden Stake at bottom. Check.

??? = Fricking Hat and Grenade??? Not Check!

Edit: I can remember Jayne and the grenades (from Serenity), but I’m not sure I remember him wearing that silly hat.

How do you NOT remember Jayne wearing the silly hat? The one he got from his mom in the mail.
Same episode with Tracy in it.

That’s absolutely Jayne’s hat. I’m not super familiar with Serenity but I knit, and the “Jayne hat” is a very popular pattern.

Even Timmy from ThinkGeek has a Firefly hat.

184x250

I wish I knew how to knit so Mortimer & Monte could have Jayne hats.

“the message”. Also, if I remember the bonus features correctly, the last episode filmed. When they knew for sure that they were cancelled.

“war stories” and “out of gas” are by far the two best episodes. IMHO

Edit: comic con my dimpled hiney! Why would I go to a convention in one building when I can go to Dragon Con! A convention in DOWNTOWN ATLANTA. The ENITRE Peachtree area of Atlanta. Five con-tels, all area hotels, AND the streets. Five days of AWESOME!!! They even open the Peachtree Center Mall, a mall that is normally closed on sunday, for us!!! Atlanta also closes the roads for our EPIC parade on Saturday. Always ended by the throng that is the 501st!

comic con? Pfft!

Got no idea what order they were filmed, but “The Message” definitely isn’t the last episode on the DVDs, and as far as I can tell from the internet, it also wasn’t the last one broadcast.

WHAT ABOUT DOLLHOUSE? Has everyone forgotten that masterpiece? Why no reference for Dollhouse?!

sulk

I didn’t say “last aired” or "last on DVD. I said “last filmed”

Fox aired them out of order. On Friday. When the target audience was out on a date. Stupid Fox.

The first episode of Fringe, when moved to Friday night, (see above) was named “The Firefly”. They knew they were gonna be cancelled, too. See the symmetry?