Wellington 2003 Cuvee R Syrah 3-Pack

In for 2

Dangit!
Please stop!
Yer bleedin’ me dry!

In for 3…

Oh well, its only green paper…

Interesting … noted and filed with the rest of 'em.

Damn you to hell Woot.

WHY must you tempt us w/ more wine, WHY!

Another great offering that just can’t be passed up!

First sucker: shh64
Speed to first woot: 0m 10.750s

Last wooter to woot: hdavis4000

You have to be logged in to see someone’s cellar. At least that is how I solved this issue when I ran into it.

Now a question on the wine: I am curious about this sour finish everyone is mentioning on this wine. I love Syrah, and usually find a pepper finish. Some mention ageing this wine in reference to aiding removal of the sourness. Does ageing really help a sour finish? My understanding on the ageing process is limited to tannins.

I really want to get this one as I dutifully held off from the last (price point). Please give me some opinions before this one sells out.

Last wooter to woot: ERMD
Ok in for 3 on this as well.

David and Peter, your killing me

Great, in for another 3… my recently acquired fiance is gonna kill me…

I haven’t done a wine.woot in a while, but I couldn’t pass this one up. Three bottles of quality Syrah for $45? Twist my arm, why doncha.

I opened the Wellington merlot that was a fairly recent wine.woot a couple of nights ago. Very, very impressive.

I’m in for a set. Wasn’t expecting to see an offering today, but when I get up in the AM and do my Woot Website check I always start at Wine.Woot since that’s the shortcut button I have. :slight_smile:

Glad to see another Wellington offering. Just looking at my current inventory and past consumptions I see that I have a dozen bottles of Wellington (including the purchase from earlier this week) and have consumed seven bottles over the last couple of years. All good stuff. :slight_smile:

Wellington 2003 Cuveé R Syrah 3-Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute):

Last wooter to woot: lasklinz

Just a several hours after shh64, but at least I’ve got my case. - Cheers!

Last wooter to woot: chad1323ross

Thanks, WD & PW for two excellent offers this week! You’re killing my credit card!

Thanks so much WD and SB for offering this…it makes it much easier to deal with the disappointment of missing the reserve offer. Syrah is the bf’s favorite varietal so this was a no brainer for us.

Argh!

Between buying a house and moving, I’m pretty much flat-out of money, and now you taunt me with not one, but two Wellington offers?

Thumbs held that a check shows up early before this goes away…

I got home from work last night and I was chatting with my husband (the NON drinker) when he said, 'That Wellington finally sold out." All smiles since I got 2 of them I said, ‘oh.’ The he said, 'There is a new Wellington up though" HUH??? He said “we might as well get 3 at this price.” I married well. I’m a happy, happy girl! He buys under his woot name and I buy under mine… I have a LOT of woot wine! Life is lovely!

The sour cherry that I noted was in the flavor. That is how the fruit came through to me, rather than a sweet cherry. I meant it as a positive, I like that flavor in a wine. (this is not a pucker sour, just not sweet.)

And what I note as a spice finish is probably more particularly pepper.

So I did not note a sour finish in my review.

And I don’t know much about aging a Syrah from taste. But when it survives 3+ hours in the decanter and is still great, it indicates there is time for aging. It did not not last into a fourth hour as I went to bed, so not sure when it would start to go. But it seemed to have a fair amount of time left.

I hope that helps. I don’t do great wine reviews, at least not yet, so I plan to keep the day job.

The non-drinker bought you three? You are lucky!! My wife enjoys wine nearly as much as I do, and she keeps thinking we have enough in the house already. Between her signing for the shipments and handling the credit cards, I can’t sneak much past her either.

Damn SOL in NJ

In for triple trio.

Last wooter to woot: torofrog

Missed the last Wellington, but couldn’t pass this one up.

I think I’m going to have to join Wooters Anonymous. “Hi, I’m Doug, and I’m a Wine Woot addict.” Isn’t the first step recognizing that you have no control over your addiction? That’s me, and my wallet is suffering because of it.