Wellington 2006 Merlot - 4 Pack

I’m guessing this also means that either there’s no Rats for this week, or we have until 10am Wednesday to buy something in order to Rat Friday’s offering, with the bottle to ship out presumably on Thursday.

If the latter, then I’m certainly happy to Rat, as I have no plans Thursday and absolutely no commitments for Friday (can you say “mega-tasting?”). :happy:

Hmm. The website only shows a 2006 estate bottled, and a label picture that says that. I don’t know if there is also a non estate bottled of that wine or just duplicates in ct. Peter will have to clear it up. Typically though when you see a wine entry with gaps in vintages, no picture, and very little holdings then they are incorrect duplicates. Click here

Two of the four label images for the Estate Bottled version (both of the 2002 vintage) don’t have the red “Estate Bottled” on the label.

I’m not sure why there would be two versions of the label, though, if Wellington’s website shows one with the red text, while the picture here doesn’t have it. Unless the photo was doctored. Only one explanation - GOVERNMENT COVER-UP.

Gov’t?! I’m thinking Amazon… I heard they do stuff like this. :happy:

This is exactly my thought. Not to mention I don’t think I can buy any wine until I figure out whether I can have deliveries made to work. It’d be a shame to order and not know where to get it delivered!

If this was the Merlot we were blending with, though…

In for one and ready to be one of the brave new rats.

I want to be in, but already “flushed” with merlots.

Is this ko-- ah, never mind.

The Wine Enthusiast has an 87 pt review with the wine priced at $18. The Estate Bottled Merlot on the Wellington website is priced at $20. So, perhaps, there are two bottlings.

ugh. good thing I finally got a second job.

Wellington 2006 Merlot - 4 Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: unwoofer
Speed to first woot: 0m 36.547s
Last wooter to woot: alexa84

Wonder if it’s the same as what is being sold locally by me. Looks like it may be:

http://www.hitimewine.net/istar.asp?a=6&id=271650!3021

If it is, it’s the same price to pick it up down the street…

I’ve no idea what makes a good Merlot as part from St Emilion blends I’ve never really tasted them. 2 Buck bleh etc excepted. Can anyone enlighten me?

Mind you, the 09 Merlot will be to die for. Best of the varietals we tasted during the rpm tour Wellington Victory blending. Which is why Peter and his crew are upping considerably the Merlot component in the 09 Victory. Still no idea why the Merlot tasted good though!

[quopleasete postid=“4117670” user=“richardhod”]I’ve no idea what makes a good Merlot as part from St Emilion blends I’ve never really tasted them. 2 Buck bleh etc excepted. Can anyone enlighten me?

Mind you, the 09 Merlot will be to die for. Best of the varietals we tasted during the rpm tour Wellington Victory blending. Which is why Peter and his crew are upping considerably the Merlot component in the 09 Victory. Still no idea why the Merlot tasted good though!
[/quote]

Please excuse my typing especially this week. I’m on my Droid in the desert. Hmm, wonder if defect (lol defect =fedex in nexus speak!) delivers to the Playa.

Yeah, that was nice juice, but we know this is a 2006 and that was the 2009, for use in the 2009 Victory. Based on the nice things we amateurs could do in under 2 hours, that 2009 will be well worth waiting for, once the experts get it all settled.

I still think we wuz robbed in that competition. I mean, Peter called our blend “A wine for the ages.” Coming from him, I consider that just about the highest form of praise, since his tasting notes that accompany the 2005 Victory say “Drink now only if you can’t resist. Will amply reward cellaring.” :wink:

You had me at “Wellington”

SonomaBouliste - how does this compare to the 2004? I just had the '04 Saturday. After decanting about two hours, it was fantastic. Smooth, nice fruit and acid. Great finish. Went very well with the pork roast.

I had a mystery bottle of the '04 Merlot as well, that I thought was a Cab. Very full bodied. My only question on this offer is – one or two?

Im sure it will be hard to come by in a 24 hour period, but tasting notes anyone?

I thought I had purchased some Wellington wines this year; apparently not. NH shut out – expected? Oversight? Government coverup???
(ETA: I just checked back thru previous Woots. The Victory offer on August 20 had NH in the “ship-to” list. So what gives???)
(ETA2: Wellington’s site even says they ship to NH. Time to email service@woot?)

ok - in for 2. Now what is the rat whereof you speak and how do I become one?

agreed.