Wellington 2006 Merlot - 4 Pack

I have been able to pass on everything today. I already have lots of Corison and Ty from past offerings. I still have lots of Wellington cab. I had to buy the Wellington. I have never been sorry with Wellington. I don’t have any merlot at the moment. This will fill that gap. Cheers to Peter! My vegetarian daughter loves your wines too!

best. wootoff. ever.

I’m really tempted, but I really shouldn’t buy anything right now due to fundage. :frowning:

Sorry for the OT but has anyone had experience with Michael Mondavi wines?

I ask because my Wellington buzz killing state liquor store is offering a 2007 petite syrah and an’07 Old vine zinfindel made by Mondavi.

Sorry I should have said liquor commission.

I agree. It’s been a strong one. Now, if Chase shows up, I will not be able to resist.

Lets see… wedding anniversary next week… buy gift, flowers and dinner out… Christmas coming up and then my wifes birthday early January I REALLY don’t have any money to spare but this is Wellington… DAMN YOU WOOT! :slight_smile:

…and Scott Harvey

Step away from the button. You, sir, STEP AWAY FROM THE BUTTON.

But it feels sooooo good to push it! :wink:

I’m still extremely upset that Cathy didn’t ship to GA!!

Waiting for Wellington’s D’ONTSPILLE to hopefully show up. Even so, this is terribly tempting, but funds are oh so tight after the earlier Corison.

Damnit Woot, why can’t you put up a string of wines I can ignore?

(That said, how likely is it for past Woot Cellars wines to show up in Woot-Offs?)

No, the film was dissing Merlot generally. Most Merlot is not very interesting. I rarely buy Merlot. If you like Merlot at all, Peter makes one of the best in Sonoma.

Split it with you.

What type of aging do these Merlots need? I thought the Wellington 2005 Victory needed some more time.

Very likely if past woot-offs are of any bearing. I will also grab the woot pinot. Or Chase (PLEASE!!!) but nothing else, I don’t think. It’s sad, but I haz no monies!

From my perspective Sideways was highlighting wine snobbery (hence the main character Mile’s vendetta against the then “it” grape which was merlot). Interestingly, it also seemed to suggest, to me anyways, that being a contrarian just for the sake of it is pretty lame. This is illustrated at the end when he finally drinks the merlot based wine that was so built up in the movie.

The fact is, you can make awesome wine with pretty much every wine grape out there. Some may suit your style in general more than others, but merlot is a hugely versatile grape. How many of you would completely ignore / scoff at bordeaux wines? Most bordeauxs are predominantly merlot based and it’s the most commonly grown grape in France.

Personally, I tend to prefer blends unless somebody really nails it. For me, if I am buying single varietal wines or wines that are 90%+ singe varietal, merlot is high on the list.

You pretty much killed my willpower with these notes. SWMBO be d@mned.

Two very different wines. The victory was “built” to age. The merlot, I assume from previous notes, is drinking wonderfully now but could cellar for a couple years with the acid structure it has.

The producers didn’t know that Château Cheval Blanc is primarily merlot. We, of course, know that St. Emilion is primarily a merlot region.

Excellent! Another tasty surprise scheduled on the horizon! In for one. :smiley: