Wellington Merlot & Cabernet Sauvignon

Wellington 2007 Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon 4-Pack
$59.99 $84.00 29% off List Price
2 2007 Merlot, Sonoma Valley
2 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon, Sonoma County
CT links above

Previous offer:
6/25/12

Twisted Oak, Wellington… Gonna be an expensive day, I can tell.

I surrender my wallet.

And shipping to Connecticut works this time…

LOL… I concur!

Ditto! Just dropped $300 between the Twisted Oak PS and Wellington + deals, now this? More '07s too, gotta grab 2 sets!

Based on the percentages…they look like they have a lot of product to move on this one.

I had to limit myself to 1 though, since I already bought some Wellington from the plus deal and Wellington club shipment comes next month.

I am already pretty stocked up on Wellington - love it! There seems to be a lot of it on winewoot (not a bad thing)

Which is good news if you want some! :slight_smile:

Does anyone have the Cellar Tracker links?

Doing my research; not familiar with this, but not seeing any raves. People here seem to be positive…

Cab http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=1096902

Merlot 2007 Wellington Merlot, USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Valley - CellarTracker

I have bought this deal twice from Woot and both offerings are awesome !

Cesare has your links…it just takes him a minute to back-fill his post.

Regarding review hunting…I’ll throw mine in.

These are great $15 wines.* It’s hard to find a bad Wellington. His single varietals tend to be very reliable and solid. I’m not saying they taste like a $50 bottle and you should sell your mother for them, but I’d put it toe to toe against anything in the price range. It’s CA fruit, so there are some big fruit flavors in them, but he makes them to handle some age. To me they find a lovely balance between the fruit and the structure and are good examples of their varietals.

Edited to Add: I’ve had both of these and enjoy them (hence my purchase of more…first woot purchaser status!), but I haven’t taken tasting notes. One note that always stands out in my mind about most of Wellington’s 2007 reds though is there’s also a fairly strong green pepper flavor in the wine. It’s not my favorite flavor to peek out in reds, but it’s not too distracting in these.

*Insert a jab at Caton and an extra pat on the back for Wellington on the pricing of these things. I enjoy both wine makers, but Wellington wines are a good value where as Caton single varietals pricing is hard to stomach. Kudos to Wellington for his green winery practices, too!

So the Wellington plus! deal says it can ship to NH, but this deal says no dice. I would like to think that NH is now on the list! Can you look into that…quickly?

Obviously you’ll need a staff member to fix the shipping for you…but for what it’s worth, the wine club PDF that I happened to still have open specifically lists NH as a state they can ship to.

Here’s the list from the wine club documentation:

WE CAN SHIP TO: CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, IA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NV, NH, NM, NY, NC, OH, OR, TX, VA, WA, WI, WV.

I just lost out on the Twisted Oak offering for the same reason…Connecticut listed as available, but when checking out it said no…these wootoffs don’t give a lot of time to get things corrected, though this offering seems to be hanging around. Hope it works out for you!

in for 2
Last Wooter to Woot:fredrinaldi

I got this in the last regular offering and actually opened a bottle of the merlot just last night. Super-tasty. But, you know, Wellington, so I expected that. (I’m in their wine club also.)

We’ve sent it along (and are doubly sorry about the confusion on the other offer) to be checked out.