Wellington Merlot and Cabernet (4)

I got this same combo last time as well. Very good. The Merlot tastes much more like a Cab than most I’ve had. More tannic. A friend of mine who ordered a different combo a couple of months ago by same winery also said his Zin tasted very Cab-like. I received mine about 3 weeks ago, and was shipped nicely in styrofoam pack that kept it much cooler than the last one I received. I’m in the desert, so getting hot wine is common, and not much fun. This was perfect, and shipping was $5 then as well.

I won’t speak from personal experience, only from what I have heard Peter and others mention; but word is that his merlot is much different than other merlots. I believe he noted it as being “the Merlot for the non-Merlot drinker”, and is very different then most out there.

I couldn’t resist this one. I was disappointed that I couldn’t hit the BUY button the last time it was offered. Now I have a new wine cabinet that is begging to be filled up.

If it helps at all, our Merlot is very “Cabernet-like”.

Your woot name was one of my favorite body surfing / body boarding (pre Boogie board) spots back in the day.

If you’re like most folks around here, that won’t take long.

This isn’t like the Merlot you don’t like.

I got this last time around. Haven’t opened any yet, but have plenty of Peter’s other offerings and have enjoyed all of them greatly! Perhaps time to open one of these tonight?
Cheers!

I just had a bottle of their Roussanne Friday night, which was great, as is all their wine. I can attest that their Merlot is not of the “I will NOT drink Merlot!” variety. Their Zinfandel, if you see it in another offer or are stopping by, is not to miss – one of my most favorite wines. They have one of the most friendly (and unassuming) tasting rooms around, so you should indeed stop by if you are in the area.

[QUOTE=mschauber, post:5, topic:360470]
wine.woot.off non-wine products…

• How about wine flour pasta?
  • Wine brownies?
  • Joe’s dirt?

Don’t you mean Todd’s Dirt?? Joe Dirt was a doofy movie. But I totally agree with you… more Todd’s Dirt!! And yes, I realize I probably need to watch for it on homewoot!
Cheers!

I feel for you. In addition to posting, I strongly suggest you email service@woot re: your second point. Posting here may draw the attention of a mod, then again it may not. But if you write to service, you’re directing your issue to the people who can actually do something about it. In my experience they do take care of these things eventually.

You need to do two things:

• Sent email to customer service either by hitting the Write Us link on the bottom of your screen or at service@woot.com, so you can get your orders fixed.

• Hit the beta FEEDBACK button on the upper right of your screen next to your username and tell them about the problems you’re having so they can fix it, or with any luck go back to the old format which was SOOOOOO much nicer to use.

My fingers are crossed as tightly as they will cross for a 2x2 of Marsanne/Roussanne!!! PLEASE PETER!!! Make it this woot-off! I need summer drinkers!!

[QUOTE=cynthylee]

Joe, Todd, Herman, Bill… It’s all about the tasty dirt… I still have to force myself to write Scott (for Scott Harvey) instead of Steve… Something about faceless names :frowning: lol

Steve Harvey… now that’s funny!

Go look on the last page of the RPM tour thread and you will have a face to go with that name. Then you won’t call him Steve anymore.

I think I filled our 60-bottler within a month or two…

Wife shouldn’t have told me to fill it up once I bought it. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

Peter, since you may still be here to answer this question.

I have the following of your wines:

2006 HD, Karren and Morhardt Cabs
2007 England Crest and Estate Syrah

Would you pair any of these with a maple (and cardimum, paprika, cayenne) glazed salmon?

I also have a Victory reserve, some of your ports and some LH Zin, but the Victory is sitting for awhile and I know the others don’t pair.

THanks!

Ah, you were a local :). It is also the name of the first longboard I ever owned many years ago. Thanks for participating in the discussions.

60, that’s it? I just bought a cooler than probably holds 150 and that doesn’t hold everything I have…sad.