Wellington Mixed Reds (6)

Sediment will always be a bit of an issue with our wines. We could delay and minimize its formation by processing our wine more, but imho that hurts flavor, so I have made the choice to retain flavor and risk more sediment.

I have too much wine, but Wellington is an auto buy, even when I’m full up.

BTW, yes there is some sediment, but I use a strainer…problem solved!

Hi Peter: any feedback on my comment/question about the England Crest? Thanks!

As always, thank you for your participation here in the forums Peter.

Question for ya: How do each of theese compare to their 2008 counterparts?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

It’s a bit hard for me tell exactly what your description refers to. This is a serious wine with a lot of extract and a good dose of tannin - not a soft, innocuous sipper. I don’t find the tannins green at all, but there is enough tannin to stand up to a hearty steak or the equivalent, and to age for another five years plus.

I was a little disappointed with the 2009 Mixed Reds offering. I think I’ll stick to Peter’s higher-end offerings in the future. :slight_smile:

The 2009s are a bit riper in aroma, particularly the Cab; the 2009 has less of the cassis / pepper herbaceous character than the 2008. The Zin and Syrah don’t have as much vintage variation, but perhaps lean in the direction of a little jammier and richer.

Will Wellington ship directly to NJ residents? I’ve purchased a case before from woot… But Looks like NJ Has been outcasted. Do any wineries still ship NJ?

Last Wooter to Woot:losthighwayz

I had to…

Thanks Peter, your input is much appreciated. I’ve already reached out to Toby to place an order, but he has the day off so I’ll wait to hear back from him tomorrow. If Woot could ship to MN, I’d most definitely be the last wooter to woot. Oh well, I can do without the title as long as I still get the wine :slight_smile:

Yeah, 'twas me you spoke with, Chris.

Really bummed about missing this deal…walked back from class about 5 minutes too late.

Sediment isn’t a reason not to purchase a wine. This is easily resolve by either being careful when pouring, or having the proper wine equipment at home as to decant the wine though a filter (available in many forms).

Now if you didn’t enjoy it because the taste wasn’t up your alley, then I understand, sediment not so much…