Wellington Syrah 2 x 2 Pack

I also got these last time. I enjoyed the Estate with or without food - it was very light. The England Crest was fuller and earthier, but also very good, as is everything I’ve had from Wellington.

I popped open one of the Wellington '05 Cabs last weekend, the Handal-Dennier. Whoa, good stuff! Great balance of tannins and acidity, good body, and lots and lots of fresh tobacco. Can’t appreciate enough how well made it was, especially since so many producers err on the side of super-ripe. I love this less extracted, perfectly ripe style, though unfortunately the critics don’t.

Anyway, I’m interested to see how the other '05 Cabs evolve in 3-5 years . . . .

hmmm, neat description! not heard the perfectly ripe v super ripe comparison made exactly like that before. I wonder what characteristics you see in the differences.

I just opened a bottle from the last offering yesterday! I’m not sure right now which it was, but I loved it!

Went in for the max on these last time. They need food, air, and preferably some time to sit and think about what they’ve done, but these are typical Wellington excellence.

At $15/bottle it’s this or some critter labelled plonk, or some overripe, overoaked, overlabeled crap from the southern hemisphere.

Not a difficult decision to make. Might go in for some more…

The FBI will be around shortly to arrest you for infanticide :slight_smile:

The estate is lighter, but if I’m going to have a glass of red wine without food, I tend to like juicier wines with less subtlety like many zins or less sophisticated pinot’s. Just my personal preference - if there’s one thing I’ve learned from reading this site, is that everyone’s preferences are different!

I’ve heard just too many good things and I gave in and went in for one, despite my telling myself that I am going to be good and not spend money for a few months. This is what happens when an offer starts right before I leave work - and is still there after I’ve gotten home, started dinner and cracked open a bottle of wine…

Agreed! Yet I can’t really justify another case of this. bought the full monty last time. I have enough top quality wine to last my for years. Fortunately you can drink this younger than Wellington’s cabs.

someone tell me what woot wine is of the overextracted overripe variey and if I bought some I’l go and try it to make sure I know what that means. I kno I don’t like many aussie wines, and they might be culprits.

Much better than the Zinfandel. These are excellent wines. I went in for the case last time it was up and am doing I again now.

These are full, fruity, dry Syrahs. Definitely what a Syrah should be. Deep and dark. Very tasty. Good with or without food.

My wife and I happened to be drinking one tonight and serendipity requires that I have another case delivered.

Party at my house!

Just jumped in on 2 didn’t even have to read the description - love Wellington’s. Have not had their Syrah but have to imagine it is as good as their other varietals…

Hi SonomaBouliste…

Do you mean you are this particular vintner or that you make similar wines?

If you are Wellington…

Would you mind fixing your “Visit Us” page on your website? The “Directions” link takes you to a Yahoo Maps page that cannot find your address (and another link on your site tried to direct me to some place in India!)…and I don’t see your address anywhere on that page to just plug it into Google Maps.

I think we are fairly close (Davis) and based on praise here on Woot that I’ve read, your place would be a good one to visit.

Thanks.

Man. How’d this turn into a Woot-Off killer.

I’m only in the market for something with a variety of types (the Red Zeppelin was the only one I considered this round), so I’m not picking it up, but this is a fab 4 pack, and I’m mystified as to how this is going to kill off the Woot Off.

I’ll check it out and get my “webmaster” on it. 11600 Dunbar Rd., Glen Ellen, CA. Unfortunately, one of the major internet map sites shows us about a half mile to the south, in a residential neighborhood, and others have copied that location.

edit: Well, I did check it. “Directions” goes to a yahoo map that does show the correct location, but with a pop-up that prompts you to choose from three different locations in India. Tres bizarre!

Well, I’ve not tried any Wellington wines. But it sounds like they must be good.

In for one!

I was just coming back to say I found your address under the “Contact Us” page, sorry about that.

True…the Yahoo map seems to display the correct location, but it doesn’t know that it is for some reason. Like you said it wants you to choose from three places in India to narrow it down (?) and it won’t give any directions to the location it is displaying.

Oh, the link to join the wine club on the “The Wines” page, the one in text above the wine listings labelled “Not yet a club member? Click here to join.” will just return you to that same page instead of taking you to the Wine Club page.

Aren’t websites fun? I’ve never had a hyperlink work incorrectly on a printed brochure. :slight_smile:

from what people say, wellington, roessler, harvey, corison, rasmussen and a few others seem to be autobuys on quality here. Great balanced production, local sensitivity to the terroir, sophisticated, lengthy flavours and structure. Many rave about Caton too, though apparently he’s a classic Cal bomb maker, but with great balance.

I just wish I were in the state enough to drink it all and order another case of these this time

Oh, and there’s the WSJ wine club advertising on wine.woot today. any comments?

Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine Ice Wine

Anything. Come on. This is crushing. This is good stuff but… this has been a stunningly puny Woot Off. And these have been sitting up there for ages.