Wellington Vineyards Estate Zin Vertical (3)

Hi Peter–unlucky wine.wooter in Minnesota here. I believe you are good to ship to the tundra? If so, please let me know how to get my order placed.
Cheers!

Peter - I’d like your view on this too. I really enjoy the Meeks!

Call Toby at the winery
(707) 939-0708

That is great to hear. Are you licensed to ship to Georgia? If so, I’m in!

Heh – had the 2007 last night. I also have no room so I’m in for 3,

Peter,

Love the tasting notes and the drinking window recommendations on these 08-10 Estate zins.

If you have time would you do the same for the 05, 06 and 07 Estate zins?

Thanks!

The Estate Zin is typically more concentrated, certainly more tannic, and more complex. The Meeks is more straightforward - pretty raspberry/blackberry fruit and black pepper.
The Estate almost always has significantly lower pH, and, between that and the tannin, takes longer to come around and will age longer as well.

The 2009 Estate is more precocious than typical, and has developed faster than other vintages. I think the aging potential is not much different than for the 2009 Meeks (now to 2-4 years), but this is not true in other vintages.

Just send an e-mail to toby@wellingtonvineyards.com

If it were Cab it would be an auto buy:)

Oh all the wine you are missing out on my cab loving friend.

There’s always a sense of calm when we put Wellington up.

Doesn’t hurt the Giants won last night either…

thanks for your great enduring partnership Peter.

Edit: And Mill is first! all’s right with the world…

PM for you

I’m not a wine guy, but I randomly purchased Wellington wine here at woot a couple of years ago. It was Merlot and Cab. That Merlot was so good that I considered becoming a wine guy. Anyway, glad to see some more from Wellington here. Thanks. I will bite.

If I didn’t hate Woot-Azon I would buy this. If this was a verticle of any of any Peter’s cabs, I would buy this x3.

Morning Peter! Always glad to see you here!

That’s one of the good things about the recent changes. With shipping included, you can now go in on a set immediately to prevent it getting sold out from under you, while sleeping on whether to buy an additional set or two in the morning if still available.

My 100th woot!

Getting my black square with this Wellington purchase is fitting. Of the 450+ bottles I have bought here on wine.woot, there are more of Peter Wellington’s wines than any other. Thanks for another great offer. Keep 'em coming!

When we visited Wellington on the rpm tour, I strategically bought wines I was pretty sure wouldn’t be offered on woot, like the PS, the Noir de Noirs, white port, older cabs and older Victories. I did not buy any Zins, on the hope and expectation they would be offered here at some point. That day has come.

Peter, I notice all of these have a substantial amount of Carignan. What characteristics does that varietal add to your Zin? Also, I see the wine with the most PS, the 2009, is the one you say is ready to drink now. I always thought PS would add structure and make it a longer developing and therefore a longer lasting wine. What am I missing here?

That is a good point. I wonder if they’d have the capability of seeing we ordered multiple sets and shipped in a single package. After all, it is nice to have as large a percentage as possible of our $ go to WD and Peter rather than Amazon or FedEx.