Wellington Vineyards Mixed Zinfandel (4)

Sorry, no CT license; can’t sell either through w00t or independently.

The specs say it was bottled 3 years ago last September/December. What was the thought process for holding these three years prior to release? That has got to be expensive!

Over 25 years we have been able to factor bottle aging into our cash flow projections. It certainly wasn’t that way during our early years, when we had to sell wine before it was at its best.

I grew up on a farm, and now work in finance. I tip my hat to you on both fronts. The ability to hold wine for 3 years is most impressive and speaks to your dedication to providing a good product. The fact that you can do this for less than $15/btl tells me a Wall Street type would advise you to take on more debt!
I hope you are enjoying your quasi-retirement and thank you for your participation today and over the last several years. I have been both entertained and educated by your posts.

Thanks for the kind words. My dad and I were very conservative fiscally. We grew slowly and didn’t use any outside financing until we put in the solar electric system ten years ago. We preferred to stay small, stable and hands on rather than leverage for growth.

Tom, you have more Wellington then one person deserves, let someone else have some. :slight_smile:

Think these were part of a previously offers mystery pack. Have multiple bottles of each of these so I’m surprised there are no available notes or reviews. Unless we’re all just holding onto them knowing there’s not many Welly Woots left.

I would be very surprised if you have multiple bottles of either. Maybe other vintages (years).

My Mystery Pack from September had two 2010s and two 2011s.

The last mystery pack had 2011s and a bottle of the 2012 Meeks Hilltop Ranch but not the 2012 estate.

Peter, what is the drinking window on these?

Meeks: now 5 years
Estate: Best? 2019-2027

Meeks: now 5 years
Estate: Best? 2019-2027

We’ve thoroughly enjoyed the '09, '10, and '11 of the various types. And we’ve still got one lone bottle of '04 Estate that we’re saving.
Can’t miss out on the streak, and glad to see this offer some in for what is a great bargain!
(Thank you, Peter!)

Stand corrected - apologies. Syrah is not Zin. Duh…

Anyways, thanks for your generosity over the years Peter! Going to miss the Christmas mystery pack that was, in essence, twelve presents in one.

The '12 estate Syrah is DELICIOUS.

I wish I could have bought 6 of these instead of the 3 that I did buy. I’m so going to miss Wellington. Although we have about 160+ bottles of Wellington wine not counting what I bought today

Another disappointed Wyoming potential buyer here. While my cellar still holds some treasured Wellington bottles, there was room for more. Wyoming, a state with little regard for regulations, now seems to be cut off from too many of the offerings I am interested in. I will certainly miss the Wellington offerings.

Concur with some others, some of the '12 Meeks made it into the December Mystery case; unless my CT is in error, and that’s ~never~ happened before. :wink:

Peter, thanks for all you have done and the memories you have provided us over the years.

Hoping you don’t totally disappear and still get to dabble and share should you find the time.

Presumably/hopefully this will not be Peter’s last dance with us woot folk. But if so, I echo the thoughts of my fellow wooters. We’re going to miss you when you’re gone, but hope we have a few more chances to see you here before then!

^^ When did this become the goodbye offer?!