Wellington Vineyards Random Zinfandel (6)

The 2012 Meeks is still young at this point, but we have drank 1 or 2. I suggest a good decant to get it to open up a bit but it could definitely stand up to a few years in the bottle. We’ve opened 1 2012 estate zin and it was still a baby, lots of decant and swirling to get it to start to open. We have a lot of Wellington zin so do not feel bad trying a bottle or two young to catch a glimpse of what is to come. FYI, the 2008 and 2009 estate zin are just coming into their powerhouse right now, so if you can hold them you will not be disappointed!

In the words of the Bard (Tim McGraw, of course!): I like it, I love it, I want some more of it!

Cortot and I are in for a split. The QPR is too good to let this slide by, but both of us are kid poor.

Darn autocorrect … or maybe that’s why you got wood? :tongue:

– from another g.o.d.

Just couldn’t resist going into grumpy old dude mode! :wink:

But thanks for the review, it was very good.

I’m on the fence, not because of the wines - they’re great- but because I’m going to be gone the week of July 10. Can we be sure they’ll be delivered (to WA) by then?

If not, your local Fedex Office will hold your delivery for up to a week.

In for 2 - bummed I didn’t move to the area earlier and get a chance to make it to the winery!

Correction: kid rich but financially poor!
Thanks for the split. Looking forward to these.

Ha! Maybe it bothers me more than it should… but I’m a self-confessed, longtime spelling nerd.

I also concur on the review, nicely observed, and very much in line with my overall experience of Peter’s Zins.

might be tough with 4th of July. checking.

Summer shipping in full effect!

Fulfilled promise to myself to max out on Peter until the end. In for 3. Looks like Minnesota now has the most wooters wooting!
Cheers!

Last wooter to woot: cynthylee
Last purchase: a few seconds ago

Can you deliver to a family member, neighbor, or your local FedEx store. Many of us deliver straight to our closest FedEx store.

I resent that. Exactly what do you mean by “going into…?”
BTW, I put that in the pub specifically to avoid tainting the current thread with a rant.

No Wellington for MI? Don’t like this.

The offer says delivered between the 10th and the 14th. A little close for comfort, since we’re leaving for California on the 13th. I decided to order anyway, and if it’s not here by the 12th, I’ll present my friendly local FedEx folks with two (2) alternatives: break policy by holding it until I get back, or if the higher-ups won’t permit that, open the box and pass it around the office. Not interested in having it sent back. That may sound risky to some cynics, who might suspect that they’ll just take advantage of an opportunity like that, but I’ve been good to them for long enough that I’m pretty confident that they can be trusted.

IKR? I’ve bought Wellington plenty X before. Either the license expired for MI, or they don’t want us to have the ZIN!

I’m glad it’s not just me who does this.

My Wellington section is full, and I have my last few offers in boxes still on the floor yet to be unpacked.

(in for 2)

Thought about this for a while…

Last Wooter to Woot: MarkL

This couldn’t have come at a more important time - my stash of Wellington has fallen to a desperate level of less than 85 bottles…was starting to sweat it out a bit. :slight_smile: Thanks Peter and Woot!

Would be great to see you guys! How long will you be here?