Wellington Vineyards Reserve Duo

Peter is the winemaker I take it? Thanks for the response! I don’t really care about rarity, unless it’s like OMG SO GOOD. What other wines have you really liked? So far the Poizin and the Nocetos have really impressed me. It’s hard because I know very little about wine, and so I go sort of by instinct more than any real skill.

Also, I LOVE the quotes in your sig although the second one doesn’t really make sense, but is hilariously random!

If you can find anyone who still has the Syrah for $28, snap it up. The price at the winery has been $50 for some time now.

I don’t think the labrat cycle has come back around yet. I was a labrat the first week the program was offered and I have not been selected a 2nd time yet. There are lots of people wanting their first chance, I am sure!

I’m going to be in for one this week. I love age-worthy wine and I buy a lot of it in WA state. But I will look forward to trying these in a few years.

Ahh, good to know. Since aging it has increased in value, of course. Thanks for the heads up!

in for two. Labrat me the Syrah or the Victory, whatevers doesn’t matter.

Current numbers (updated each minute):

First sucker: shh64
Speed to first woot: 0m 2.813s

Last wooter to woot: clayfu

I know it says cannot receive wine when you are intoxicated, but does W.W allow one to purchase when intoxicated? :slight_smile:

You are thinking clearly, just too hard. For a certain percentage of the population, one of these tasks is not fun and sounds difficult (backing a cow up a back staircase) one is fun and sounds easy (smearing honey onto a hot actress). I think it is a lovely metaphor.
Thanks for the great offering, Peter. You know how I feel about your syrahs; I am equally delighted to have a chance to try the Victory.
Hey, C. Lay (let me know if you want me to stop calling you that, btw), good to see you are in. I know your taste buds are very highly cultivated and your expectations are high. When you are willing to buy, that’s the Good Housekeeping seal of approval right there!

The heat makes sense, you are right! It is a lovely analogy (anything with KK is lovely).

Ha! I wish. I only drink every other night, alas, and that does not include tonight.

Dang. You’re right - analogy not metaphor because of the ‘like’. I use to know stuff like that!

I just think too literally sometimes (thus my failing to grasp Keira’s ‘heat’). Being detailed-oriented is useful for some things, but not so much for jokes.

I am so going to check more of these out.

I’m back and I’m in! Only in for one though … DH is watching.

Current numbers (updated each minute):

First sucker: shh64
Speed to first woot: 0m 2.813s

Last wooter to woot: conroo

Okay, I’m terrible at the game on juvie.woot. web woundup…but it was fun! I finally got up to 50% on prioritizing…g’night and enjoy your Wellington!

Actually, quite the opposite. The car simply couldn’t be upset by anything Richard tried to do with it.

The original comparison was between normal sports cars that are a b*tch to handle, while this one was like it wasn’t a sports car at all.

The quote wasn’t “onto”, it was “into”.

anyone else going for the side deal? Not getting the wine this time but could not resist the toffee.

They didn’t manage to stop me! :slight_smile:

Last wooter to woot: allgeek

In for two … really looking forward to my first sampling of Wellington, after lurking here and reading Peter’s great posts and ramblings!

I’d love to LabRat with either of course, but think I’d prefer the Victory - I don’t feel I’ve got much experience with Syrahs yet (all the more reason to purchase, right!?). I’m definitely a CS/Meritage kind of guy… tonight’s dinner came with the lovely harmonies and counterpoint of a 2003 Cain Concept.

thanks. heh.

Earliest I’ve been in for 1 in a long time. As C-man mentioned, we got to try a bottle of the '04 Victory a few months ago. It was a big hit along with some of Clayfu’s higher end PN’s that he brought that night. I probably would have been in for more than 1 but I just can’t see myself spending this much on the Syrah’s, no matter how nice they might be. It was definitely the Victory blend (and the fact that it’s Mr. Wellington’s stuff) that had me in so early.