Wellington Vineyards Reserve Duo

In for three. Boy, will my wife be surprised when she gets the box at work. She thinks only in for two. This is the first time we have spent $30/bottle for wine outside of a restaurant. Since we have been more than thrilled with Wellingtons past offerings, this was a no brainer.

IN. FOR. 2!

Seriously…this is getting expensive.

Dang1 You could but a WHOLE 2br/2bath condo here for $80K…

Hey, my little boxie changed. I’m now one of the semi-good people! Only a grand or so away from black!

Struggling with the price point, and then I see this. Apparently the rest of the world can pair a 30 dollar plus bottle with pizza. I’m clearly outclassed by the wine and the wallet requirements, but envious of those of you who can be in for three. Looking to live vicariously through our LaBrats.

I think I’ll take the plunge for the full amount and, cough, cross my fingers for brattage.

Clayfu, thanks for your notes. They were informative.

If no one else has said this, drink the champagne (and hold the VICTORY!!!). I’d assume they were bottled (and the second fermentation started) in the late 90s, but my impression is you don’t want to sit on champagne,even from vintage wines,for much more than 5 years from bottling.

A good pizza can be pretty sublime…
I look at it like this - the money I’ve saved from a more expensive meal can be applied to the wine!

$65 worth of wine retail !!! what gives Woot??? I’m still waiting on my LAST 4 bottles 6 weeks now!!

Ha. I don’t even need to read the description. I see wellington and I’m in for 2. I need another wine fridge. I am all out of room.I know I can’t be a labrat since I was one a month ago but good luck to those who are. Hooray for starting my Monday right.

In for 2…I’ll call this an investment on my budget…yeah!..investment

EDIT: oh and did I mention I haven’t been a labrat yet? hint, hint

As quickly as this is selling, is there a backup offering in the works so that we don’t have to see Sold Out for the next 6 days? :slight_smile:

In for 3.

This makes 133 bottles and I will be able to taste my first bottle this Wednesday. Let’s make it this one! Living in Alaska I am unable to receive wine, thus never been or asked to be a LABRAT until now. I am on vacation starting Tuesday to my mother in Medford Oregon. Please make me a LABRAT!!!

I will also be purchasing whatever you have next week so I can be a LABRAT 2 weeks in a row. Next opportunity may be several year down the road.

PS Have I kissed up enough?

When Peter first told us about the Victory in one of his ramblings, I had to get a bottle to try for myself - and let me tell you, it is the best wine I’ve tried yet. Like a fool I didn’t write down my tasting notes, but I do remember it being smooth pretty much just out of the bottle. Add a little bit of glass decanting time and it was just perfect.

I’m so in for some of this!

In for 3…

Double 3x’d…

First sucker: shh64
Speed to first woot: 0m 2.813s

Last wooter to woot: bunnymasseuse

Looking forward to the Labrat notes!

It’s not $65 retail, it’s $90 retail (before shipping/tax). It’s $40 retail for the victory and $50 retail for the 2002 Reserve Syrah. As Peter stated in an earlier post, this Syrah isn’t even on their website.

Try bying a condo out on Long Island (NY) as a single guy. It’s a tortorous experience trying to find something affordable, even with the market as low as it is. Most of the ones I’ve looked at so far have been a minimum of $270k, and most of those don’t even have the full 2 Bath.

In for 2, can’t resist and this duo sounds great. I love Syrah, can’t wait to try it!

Edit-> Last wooter to woot: ianchudson

SALE CORRECTION

Unfortunately, we incorrectly entered the vintage in the product list for the Victory Reserve. It is not a 2002, but rather a 2004.

windavid should be in here shortly, and can help to fill in the details of how we’ll handle this, but for now, if you ordered and wouldn’t have with the new (correct) 2004 vintage, please write service@woot.com to cancel your order (include your username and order number).

I’m very sorry about this. It’s obvious the particular vintage of a wine is hugely important, and we are generally very careful to get that detail right, but it’s slipped through this time.

Additionally, while the the description of the Victory in the writeup correctly listed the Victory as a 2004 vintage, it is erroneously a duplicate of the Syrah Reserve. I’ll be correcting this momentarily as well.