Wellington Vineyards Victory, Reserve Two - Pack

Very tempting…but how is this price (shipped) > the CT average value? Not very woot-tacular.

As a certain character on The Wire liked to say: sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

In other words, these are the droids you are looking for. This is the kind of Woot-off I can get behind! Especially since I already killed one of the '05 SV Cabs just to get a peak at the goods.

I want this, but being a poor student can’t afford both. Anyone coming to the clambake want to sell me a bottle?

On a grammatical point, note my use of the comparative form of the adjective.
:wink:

so, six of these with shipping is about $185. That’s 3x cheaper than the Bialla. Is the Bialla really 3x better?

I see Wine Woot is going for some high end cab based reds this week - neato!

I ordered 3 sets last time, and still have 5 bottles. Opened one with a steak dinner a couple months ago, and allowed it to decant for about 4 hours before dinner was served. It was very nice and the tannins were smoother than I had expected. However, the other 5 are going to be stored for several more years before getting opened.

I’m too new (and too cheap as yet) to have paid up to be able to see CT average pricing. BTW you should all use grapestories… it’s MUCH MUCH better! How accurate is it? I generally look at K&L pricing and what I can see on google for a cheap online street price. Is the CT certainly accurate, or about as good as its (non-woot) reviews?

Darleenee, you in CA / going to the rpm tour? I can live with 10 rather than 11 bottles. (Or bring me a corison and I’ll pay any difference between the woot prices :slight_smile:

I’m just amused you replied to rpm, then said “wiser regular” since he’s about as wise as they come, and then proceeded to link to his own posts from the previous wooting :slight_smile:

grapestories = cellartracker. Just with a prettier interface. Though personally I like the old “boring” interface.

Same data :slight_smile:

Do you think this will be ready to drink at 7 years old?

I don’t want you yelling infanticide at me :wink:

Cheers!

Probably because the CT price is based on woot purchases.

And people didn’t factor in the shipping . . . .

Ten years plus. I’m looking at 2015 and on for this. Seven is just the wrong age – in the sense that it will have lost its youthful charm and probably be in a ‘dumb’ period before the effects of bottle age knit into something special beginning around age 10. It’s a drink right now (but decant for hours and expect tannin with the fruit, but savor the youthful charm with the iron fist, or wait until it goes up.

Think of these wines as children: rarely enjoyable in adolescence.

talking of wiser regulars, for those who are new, once you’ve checked out the previous woot for information above, check out the winemaker’s posts generally. A most enlightening stalking.

LOL Cheron thank you! that is indeed the joke. Following on from the banter on the bialla / pub. And I appreciate the help if I’m not clear when speedtyping: yes I know GS is CT with garphics… I probably discovered that from you when first posting. that’s why I say GS is so much better… as a CT newbie I find the GS interfacec easier!

It was an inside joke…

I’m really not much of one to type LOL, but that made me laugh out loud.

LOL duly noted!

We are negative space by about 8 or more bottles. Otherwise this is an auto-buy.

I finally get to push the stupidly large button for a Wellington. I’ve been waiting a long time for this moment.

----> PUSH <---- In for 1.

so wine is more like them emo kids during adolescence? all quiet and reserved? instead of them rebellious ones? heh

We drank one of these a few months ago. RPM’s comments are dead-on about drinking now. Really wish we had room to cellar more of this.