WEN 2000-Watt Inverter Generator

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4]

WEN 2000-Watt Inverter Generator
Price: $384.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Tuesday, Dec 06 to Wednesday, Dec 07) + transit
Condition: New

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](WEN 2000-Watt Inverter Generator) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=WEN 2000-Watt Inverter Generator) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](WEN - Google Shopping 2000-Watt Inverter Generator)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
11/25/2016 - $384.99 (Woot-off) - Click To See Discussion (4 comments)
11/14/2016 - $384.99 - Click To See Discussion (12 comments)
10/24/2016 - $384.99 - Click To See Discussion (10 comments)

As a Californian, I have to ask this question…

Is this CARB-Legal or CARB-NOWAY?

(rereading) - “EPA III and CARB Compliant”, thus CARB-Legal

Great generator, can’t beat it for the price. But don’t forget to ground it… https://www.amazon.com/review/RGVOA1B0P7322/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00SMNLF4M

Great buy! I bought one from Woot a few months ago. I recently used it on a four day hunting trip to provide power in a camper. It was very quiet and fuel efficient. We ran it four hours a night to power the lights, TV, blue ray player, microwave, and furnace all simultaneously. It handled the load fine.

Highly recommended. I bought this from WOOT a little over a year ago, right before a 4 hour power outage. Worked fine, but then just sat in the garage (drained gas) unused until…tornadoes came through last week. Filled with gas, started on the first pull, then 18 hours of trouble free operation until power finally came on. Easy to use, and great to have for emergency situations!

Hey! HEY! IT’S IMPORTANT YOU READ THIS! This here Inverter Generator requires fuel, so it can’t be returned to Woot. Once you hit that big yellow button, it’s yours. Don’t say we didn’t warn you. But you are still covered by the Manufacturer for warranty claims. We have enough broken crap around here, we don’t need yours cluttering up the place.
This last sentence says a lot about the Quality of the Article for sale.

That’s just Woot’s typical cheeky sense of humor.

See, you get us. You really get us. //sniff

Woot’s been selling crap for years! Bags o’ it, even.

Ho ho ho! That’s a new one!

POST REMOVED ISSUE RESOLVED

It was warm, because you ran it. You don’t need to use the choke on a warm engine. This is true for generators as well as cars that have manual chokes. This is certainly no fault of Woot.

Really you could not figure that out lol
Wen you gonna learn?

Good lesson for all. As someone who has lots of small tools that need gas, warm engines don’t need to be choked. Typically, if something is restarted, after a short period, first try it without choke. If it doesn’t start, then you can try it with choke.

National Electrical Code (NEC) 250.34 Generators-Portable and Vehicle-Mounted
(A) Portable Generators. The frame of a portable generator is not required to be grounded to the earth if:

(1) The generator only supplies equipment or cord-and-plug-connected equipment through receptacles mounted on the generator, or both, and

(2) The metal parts of generator and the grounding terminals of the receptacles are bonded to the generator frame.

I have TWO
I ordered one of these last April for $379.99 on the day I left on my trip Cal. to Texas. I had it delivered to my son’s house in Tyler and it was waiting for me when I got there.
I then set out for another 85 days touring the East Coast to Key West and back to Texas and California. The Generator worked flawlessly for many hours of use boondocking.
I liked it so much I ordered a second one for $384.99 after I got back so I can now run my A/C when I want. All you have to do is run three wires from one to the other generator. There is no magical electronics in the wire, just a 12ga. 3 wire cable with banana plugs on the ends and match the polarity. Now, I can start up only one if I just want to make coffee, toast, or run the TV or Microwave. But I can start them both up to run the A/C. The ECO Mode slows the idle down so you can barely hear it. I use the ECO mode when I’m just charging my golf cart.
One time it wouldn’t start and it was because the oil was low. Great safety feature.

Thanks for the feedback. No I wouldn’t have figured this out on my own. I’m very good with duct tape but beyond that it might surpass my mechanical intellect. Good to know it was not an issue with the actual unit.

It’s true, it’s true. If you read the comments in the review you’ll see I mentioned that (more or less).

That said, WEN’s manual tells you terrible things will happen if you don’t ground it. Every portable generator I’ve had has recommended grounding, so I stick with the manufacturer’s recommendations.

I believe the ground connection is directly connected to the ground plug on the outlet. Possibly (but I’m no electrician) it’s useful when you’re using sensitive electronics. Or maybe not. I’m guessing you may have some insight, though.

You call that a hunting trip?