WEN 56200i 2000-Watt Inverter Generator

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5]

WEN 56200i 2000-Watt Inverter Generator
Price: $399.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard (Free with Prime)
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Tuesday, Mar 06 to Wednesday, Mar 07) + transit
Condition: New

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](WEN 56200i 2000-Watt Inverter Generator) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=WEN 56200i 2000-Watt Inverter Generator) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](WEN - Google Shopping 56200i 2000-Watt Inverter Generator)

I bought one of these in Oct 2016 when Woot! had them for $15 less. It’s a great little generator, but don’t expect to be able to run your entire house on it. When they say 1600 watts they mean 1600 watts. Go watch the “You can’t plug in a two with a six” episode of Green Acres…

I just used mine for the last two days to keep my house from freezing (gas boiler and circulator pump) and my phone charged. If you don’t have any sort of generator I highly recommend it. Also don’t forget you need motor oil for it too.

Is this pretty easy to operate? I’m getting divorced and husband is taking the big Honda generator we used for power outages. It was really more than I need anyway as I’m perfectly content to use flashlights and candles and old fashioned entertainment. However the cold would be a problem if it was extended time in winter. This seems like it might be sufficient for my needs.

I purchased this in Jan '16 when it was $10 cheaper. Initially apprehensive that it would be substandard, it compares favorably to my smaller (1000w) Yamaha generator which cost twice as much.
It’s easy to start and sips fuel. The manual says it will run 4 hours on 50% load. During the recent Nor’easter, it ran 10 hours using just 1/2 tank (0.5gallons) powering a large Maytag fridge-freezer and several smaller charging devices.
Be sure you use stabilizer in the fuel and empty the carburetor before long periods of inactivity.

Anyone care to share how loud this thing is? I literally just bought a Honda 2200i model last night, because it’s quiet. If this is just as quiet, or at least not as loud as those typical Home Depot ones on wheels, I may return the Honda.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I found that many people compare this to the Honda 2000i, which is last year’s model of the one coming: 2200i. Apparently this one is a few dB quieter than the Honda, but has a smaller engine and is thus less efficient with a tad smaller run time per gallon of gasoline. However, I cancelled my Honda order and bought two of these. Double the generating power for less than the price of the single Honda unit.

I was just getting ready to basically comment what your edit was. I am doing some research and have committed to buying one but I am not sure if I should get two…Also you can get the parallel kit to truly get double to power on one source, Amazon has the kit for $73. Now time for me to decide on quantity to buy…

These have really come a long way in the last 2 or 3 years. Honda and Yamaha owned the quiet generator game for a long time, but a lot of these cheaper options are worth considering.

I bought the Harbor Freight generator, which is very obviously a clone of the 2000i. I’ll spare you my thoughts on HF equipment generally, but the generator exceeded my expectations. Incredibly quiet, doesn’t surge, and I am absolutely floored by how little fuel it uses.

Long story short, if you’re an occasional user, I’d guess these guys are just fine. If you’re using the thing day in and day out on a job site, it’s probably worth your money to get the Honda or Yamaha.

Bought one before hurricane Irma last year. While I don’t think it’s quite a quiet as the Honda it is tolerable IMO. Also, IMO this is a good deal. Mine cost $508 shipped to the door from amazon prime. Having said all that, it’s not a Honda, but it’s not as expensive as a Honda either. May buy this one as a 2nd and get rid of my very noisy 5000 watt gennie.

Very simple to operate. Just read the manual before. Units are shipped without oil. You MUST ensure you add the oil to the proper level before running.

Very similar situation here - just used this to keep my Dad’s house warm (gas boiler/circulators) and food cold (refrigerator) during an extended power outage. Purchased (woot) mine in Sept 2015 and couldn’t be happier.

For those asking about noise - this is, imho, a very quiet unit. You can hold a normal conversation standing next to it and, if it’s outside (as it should be) and you’re in the house you probably won’t even know it’s running…

Wow great to hear on the noise level. I just was using a knockoff 3k generator I borrowed from someone the other day and you cannot talk near it or really stand to be near it when it’s running, yeah it’s that loud. But it does work and helped me through my power issues, thankfully. Thanks for sharing your info on this model.

I own two of these that I use with the parallel connector. Easy to start, dependable. Low fuel consumption.

IIRC, they have the same engine that the Honda generator uses. Can’t see spending all that extra money just for the Honda name.

Is this pretty easy to operate? I’m getting divorced and husband is taking the big Honda generator we used for power outages. It was really more than I need anyway as I’m perfectly content to use flashlights and candles and old fashioned entertainment. However the cold would be a problem if it was extended time in winter. This seems like it might be sufficient for my needs.

Bought this a while back on Woot, when it was yellow, not orange, and cheaper. It’s very quiet for a generator, supposedly compares favorably to the similar size Honda. I think the motor matches the Yamaha. Oil fill and checking is a bit of a pain since you have to remove the side panel.

Supereasy to start. Eco mode barely uses any fuel, I think I ran it for 14hrs on a light load.

Remember, this is 110v/120v, even if you parallel it with another and the kit, it’s not going to give you 220v/240v.

You asked the exact same question 11 hours earlier. Scroll up to see the replies.

Do a little research about wattage needs. 1600 watts may not be sufficient for what you wish to do. You will need to add up the watts for items you wish to operate. Keep in mind some devices ( motors ) have starting watts that can be three times the running watts. There is some helpful sites that can help size a generator for you. https://powerequipment.honda.com/generators/wattage-calculator
http://www.homelite.com/pdf/wattage_worksheet.pdf