WEN 56200i 2000-Watt Inverter Generator

WEN 56200i 2000-Watt Inverter Generator

I always try to comment on this generator when it comes up. I purchased this almost a year ago now. I have used it for a few small things around but never a huge outage yet. I just recently bought the harbor freight parallel kit for it but have not hooked it up to test yet. I feel with the easy to find 20% off or a sale going on that kit is the best bang for your buck. So far the 2 I bought have been running really well and are never hard to start. I try to run them every other month to keep them fresh. I think this is a great buy and worth it for the traveler and/or home owner.

2 Likes

Could this work to power a sump-pump if power went out.
I know there are better suited items for that… I’ve ordered a Watchdog, it’s just going to be a couple of weeks before it gets installed. Looking for something just in case there is a storm.

Check the specs on your pump, but I would think so. I looked at the specs for a 1 hp submersible pump at my local big box home improvement store, and it was rated at 1200 watts, so this inverter would power it with no problems.

I have this generator - use it to make coffee and charge batteries when we’re camping at the racetrack, and it works great. Don’t waste your money on the way more expensive red one!

1 Like

Can I run my refrigerator with this? According to the my fridge specs is: 115V at 5.3 A. = 609.5 Watts. That this means that I could be safe running my fridge with it?

I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t.