WEN 56225i 2250-Watt Inverter Generator

This is definitely a clone of the long-famous Honda inverter model (originally 2000W recently upgraded to 2200W on a redesign like this.) I have the Honda from about 10 years ago and it’s very nice but yes it was twice the price!

From what I hear these inverter “clones” generally are pretty good, especially for 1/2 the price. You can’t compare to a “rack” non-inverter generator that will run at a fixed speed (3600rpm) all the time. Under load, the voltage will dip and the frequency change until it stabilizes again. Also they are a heckofa lot louder than these (at least the Honda).

Home Depot deals-of-the-day (check every morning at 12AM PST) sometimes have amazing deals like 50% off. They sometimes have a pair of these (often Ryobi brand) including the “parallel cable kit” which basically lets you make it a 4kW generator if running both together.

BTW a model like this will not run most RV air conditioners, especially older ones. I got a special low-power AC unit in my camper and my Honda 2000W does power it fine, but people with motorhomes with the 13000 or 15000 BTU models may not have luck unless doing the 2-parallel thing. (of course most motorhomes have built-in generators already, though in many cases they are inefficient and loud).

Assuming this is the same form-factor as the Honda, there are tons of bags/caddies available for the Honda. To stow it away or move it. I have one that it like a rolling bag with wheels that fits the Honda. You do have to take it out of the bag to run it, of course. (heat and airflow)

Also people even make custom metal boxes you can mount to a truck to keep it locked inside, and with those boxes, you can actually run them while in the metal enclosure. I looked into this putting the Honda on my truck but never took the step because I would have to custom-mount it on the front bumper.