Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4]

Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill
Price: $279.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard OR $10 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Tuesday, Jan 05 to Wednesday, Jan 06) + transit
Condition: New

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](http://sport.woot.com/offers/weslo-cadence-r-5-2-treadmill) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Weslo - Google Shopping Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill)

Nice reviews (4.3 out of 5.0) over at Walmart.com

Amazon Reviews

Anybody know how much weight this will support?

Great question. I found some specs on another site and they say 250 pounds.

I operate health clubs and will offer that I would not put a 250 pound person on any home unit and expect it to last. The stress points are the belt, deck and motor.

With our members reaching weights of up to 500+ pounds we have had to look at what stresses a treadmill. We want to help people but we have to make certain our equipment can support them.

The heavier someone is the more power it takes to move them across the treadmill with the heaviest load being getting them moving from stopped. This could be minimized by starting the deck and stepping on to it as it was already moving.

The other stress will be the friction caused by their weight pressing the belt against the deck. Assuming the deck would support their weight, which it may or may not, you still have the weight of the person on just a few square inches of belt as it is dragged across the deck.

My suggestion to people buying home equipment has always been that unless they spend $1500 you would be better off taking the money for a nice weekend vacation.

That said, this may be a reasonable unit for a lighter person to walk on. I doubt this unit would support any serious running for any length of time.

>This motor is perfect for light or intense workouts.

Damn, I wanted to do medium workouts :frowning:

Thanks. That’s kind of what I was wondering.

This is a very cheap treadmill. This will not last long, I would be surprised if it lasted 6 months. Most of the quality treadmills will have a motor that costs more than this machine. 16 by 50 is very tiny as well, for the belt size. This would be for an older person that was going to walk very slow. No running on this tread!

Hi there. The max user weight is 250 lbs.

I don’t have this model. I have the G 5.9 and I love it. I’ve had it for over a year and have had zero problems with it. There is a new 5.9i model at Walmart for $287. I would definitely compare it to this one to see which would work best for you.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Weslo-Cadence-G-5.9i-Treadmill/45799822

So for someone that is in that 250 pound range and wants to lose weight, what is the minimum motor hp needed to really expect a treadmill to last a while?

I’m asking for a friend(I wish) :slight_smile:

It kind of depends if you want to run or just walk. If you want to run you would be looking for a 2.75 hp motor or higher. Walking you can get away with a 2.5 or 2.25. But the other thing to look at is frame size and user weight, along with what is the parts and electronics warranty that you get. This Weslo said it is a 2.5 hp motor, but it is a really low end and not strong treadmill. This is made by Icon Fitness the same brand that makes Nordic Track, Proform, Reebok and Golds Gym. They are the big box store brands that you will see. This is the low end model from Icon. If you are looking for more of a high quality treadmill and cost effective, I would look at the LifeSpan treadmills or the Horizon Fitness treadmills. A quality treadmill should have at least 3 years parts and electronics warranty. I sell fitness equipment for a living, so I know a few things about it. The LifeSpan 1200 would be a great walking light jogging treadmill with a much more stable feel.

I cannot answer that with a number.

What I suggest is to look for used treadmills from a commercial facility or commercial fitness equipment dealer.

We replace our equipment regularly and sell used equipment at great prices. I sell used treadmills regularly for anywhere between $500 and $1000. We have also auctioned equipment and seen treadmills sell as low as $100. (I cannot attend those auctions or I buy everything back.)

While it isn’t new or shiny, keep in mind that any equipment we have in our clubs does work or it gets scrapped. We have to provide new and shiny to keep up with our competition. And I suspect that a home user will put less hours on a treadmill in a year than our units may see in a week.
I actually have used commercial equipment in my own home.

Barring that approach, get a heck of a warranty if you weigh 250 or more.

I hope this helps in some way.

Icon also owns FreeMotion commercial equipment. They have quite a few brands in their portfolio and tend to push profits over development.

Some of their stuff is absolute junk.

I have found some better deals at the big box stores (Costco). Those units usually have a larger motor than the entry level units that are sold at Walmart and such.

I also have seen some really nice commercial units at auctions. They go from $150 up to $2000. All depends on who is bidding. Just make sure that you know the outside dimensions of the unit as some are much wider than regular end user units.

Also, if you buy a treadmill, make sure to find out if you need to lube the belt or not. Good air flow by the motor cooling vents will keep the motor alive longer. IE a mat for it to sit on. I had a friend that put one on carpet and the motor would overheat. Ended up getting his wife one at Sam’s Club that normally ran around $750 for $350. Was a pain to put together, but I got it done.

It kind of begs the question – why MAKE a treadmill … that won’t accommodate an overweight man, lol?