Western Digital Caviar 250GB Hard Drive

Not bad, but not spectacular… I’m waiting for **Monday’s big screen TV **… :slight_smile:

Its an internal drive, but you could always buy a enclousure, Cmon woot we need a BOC!

What?

Woot is actually selling Geek stuff? :smiley:

Heads will ROLL!!

I thought this was the Sushi eating, coffee drinking, ironing board using website!

Geek stuff??

(FINALLY!)

(Now, I wish I could afford 3 of them!)

steve

A refurbished HD

I won’t gamble with that

POS.

1. Refurbrished HD? That means it died on someone once…
  2. 90-day warranty? BLAH I say, BLAH!
  3. WD…

Refurbished?
Only 90 days warranty?
I’ll pass.

too late
got a 120 gig hdd for 80 dollars after rebate one and a half years ago

and really…
IDE? 90-day warranty?

how about…
SATA? 5 years of warranty (seagate, what i have) =]

refurb hd? sounds like a headache in the making… should come with some tylenol! Where 's the Big Old Chair?

Just in case some of you dont’ realize. Refurbished Drives are actually usually better than most OEM’S, for the simple reason that they’ve been gone over twice to MAKE SURE they still work at the factory.

All in all a pretty good deal, on a solid brand name.

NEW WD drives are crap. I had 2 of these exact drives die on me this year. My Maxtors never have problems at all.

first page
yes!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fry’s (probably up by the Woot offices) in Dallas has a WD 250 GB drive, 8MB cache for $69 (yes, after rebate) and that’s a NEW retail package. Nice try, but save these for eBay fodder.

OH woot! After several days of stepping forward, you step back with this woot! IT’s OK, JUST OK! Nice, but not great! Refurb hard drive is AHHH!

Oh Woot, is it Sunday night yet! I have an 8am Flight Monday, but I will have to see this woot on Sunday.

WOOT WOOT

Refurb hard drives, like my wife’s cooking, leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Would be all over this if they weren’t refurbished.

i was all over this. refurbished ;(

lol, google adsense advert: Seagate hard drive:$69.99

I’d rather get a new hard drive, if any at all.

I thought this was a good deal…but 2mb cache…nope

WD’s are good, I have used them extensively for years without a single failure.

Not to be a downer, but Fry’s (aka www.outpost.com) has a new WD 250gb w/ 8mb cache for $69.99 after rebate. New & bigger cache make the 37-cent stamp worthwhile.

I’ve always had good luck with WD’s, but never had a refurb (don’t think I would by a refurb HD) It’s kinda like those cardboard filing cabinets, one of these days you just know it’s gonna burn up and there will be nothing you can do.