Western Digital Caviar 250GB Hard Drive

Everyone refresh your woot main page! The items keep changing…

similar case for me, bought 2, one had issues and woot switched that no prob.

But Im low on cash, and have stuff to burn off to DVD, so sadly no Caviar for me.

a crappy caviar in a crappy box…mine died…yours will too…

6 mo warranty, 2mb cache? no thanks, can get 8mb and longer warranty for less

From the “what is woot?” page:

I see some orange flashing lights on the main page – what do they mean?
No, you aren’t seeing a side effect from your allergy medication. You have found a Woot-Off, a short term frenzied mutation of our product posting procedure. In Woot-Off mode, a new product is launched immediately after the sellout of the previous deal. There is a half-Woot-life of 12 hours maximum on any product within a Woot-Off that does not sell out. The number of Woot-Off items, sequence, and quantity will not be announced. When Woot-Off mode is over, the orange lights will disappear and our normal schedule will resume. Depending on its success, this may be a mode we would go into once or twice a month for a relatively short duration of time (24-72 hours generally.)

need larger size next time :slight_smile:

Great buy, using one right now. However sure wish you offer a SATA 2 drive in
that price range.

Nite Nite Wooters

I’ve got 3 of these running in a RAID-5 array (along with a couple other drives that I purchased at retail for slightly more). Had 2 bad drives to start but Woot was great with the replacements. Just make sure to run a deep drive scan before putting any data on them, add some redundancy with RAID and you should be fine.

However… I will say that these aren’t as good of a deal anymore. I got a brand new retail drive (also 250gb) for around $65 (after rebate), and another for $75 or so with no rebates.

great hdd for an xbox. funny first few comments from newbies that have never seen a woot-off.

Ahh nice 6 month warranty, guess that means I can return the last woot off one that went bad. 0 of 2 so far on these. NEVER ordering refurb hard drives again, due to the potential data loss.

Tracking this woot of at …
Wootoff wiki

What in THE hell is going on? Mystery speakers for a nano second, WD drives that are plentiful then bouncing then gone then back and intermittently odor eaters. It stinks all right

woot is having problems… one second its a hard drive… hit refresh and its odor eliminator… then its back to hard drives

Apparently the Woot-off Flux Capacitor is fluxing.

And by shitty the autoreplace means “c-r-u-m-m-y”

where is the product info?

Could someone just by all the Odor Eliminators and take one for the team?

I bought two of these in tonight’s woot off but according to my account, I didn’t. Did anyone else have this happen to them?

Yeah, mine said I bought one now it’s off the list. I guess they ran out. From what people are saying about these drives it’s probably for the best.

they work fine. I have bought 6 over the past year and use em in external cases for backup drives. I only had one bad one and woot replaced it within a week. I think they have 6 month warrantee or something.