Westinghouse 46” High Definition LCD TV

You missed 2-3 of them in the woot-off

I will add something new to the picture… Here is eBay research for you… First Auctions:

Auction and Fixed Price Metrics
Active Items 4
Avg. Start Price $1,451.75
Start Price Range $1,100.00-$1,569.00
Current Price Range $1,100.00-$1,569.00
Current Buy It Now Price Range $1,500.00-$1,569.00
Avg. Shipping Cost $166.75
Shipping Cost Range $160.00-$169.00

And store listings:

Active Items 7
Current Price Range $1,399.99-$1,659.00
Avg. Shipping Cost $124.50
Shipping Cost Range $79.99-$169.00

I would list the sold numbers for the past 2 months… But none have sold on Ebay in the past 2 months. But, this is a good woot cost wise.

Would you spend this much money on something when the warrenty will expire on
August 30th?

My bad…this is a 37 inch!

Go look at them side by side in a B&M. You’ll see the difference…

Westinghouse has been in the TV manufacturing business for awhile, recently the quality has seem to been kicked up a notch. I know that Warehouse Clubs carry Westinghouse, and don’t seem to have a lot of returns. This Woot is a good deal, however new is just a couple hundred dollars more.

For a 37 inch… 9 inches smaller.

you mean August 30 right? Unless you are volunteering to give up 30 days…and it would actually be 90 days of receipt and today is June 3 so it would be Sept 3 at a minimum. Next?

Actually its August 30 since its a 90 day warrant…

Possible better alternatives for those looking for 1080p cheaply:

Westinghouse VM-37w3 - 37" 1080P monitor - $800 before shipping plus taxes. No tuner however (but it’s new).
If you do not have a costco membership, you can avoid buying one and avoid the 5% non-member fee by placing an order for a membership and having the order be cancelled (e.g. by giving a bad CC number). I stumbled upon this accidentally–got mine for less than $850 shipped w/o membership. (Am I allowed to give that trick away? I guess we’ll find out. . .)

Wesinghouse VM-42w2 - 42" 1080p monitor - $1300 shipped (plus tax where applicable). No tuner (but it’s new).

Yep… and the numbers won’t mean a thing. There’s no standard for contrast ratios. I could write 4000:1 on one and you’d be hard pressed to figure out what I really meant or measured.

I like how Chris Farley said it: Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it “contrast ratio”, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer’s sake, for your daughter’s sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

Could someone please explain the benefit of a HDTV tuner built into the TV? I don’t get it. If you are buying a $1000 TV, most likely you have an upgraded cable package or satellite right? Both come with the option of adding HDTV for only a few extra bucks. So with the HDTV tuner I can watch NBC HD shows for free? WOW, that is definitely worth the extra $500. I’d much rather buy a Visio from Tigerdirect for $700 than this for $1000.

To all of you complaining about the lack of 1080p you might want to look into this artice: http://www.carltonbale.com/2006/11/1080p-does-matter/

At this size screen the benefits of 1080p only start to become noticeable at distances < 8 feet. The full advantages of 1080p wouldn’t even become noticeable until you were within 6 feet of the screen. I don’t know how your living rooms are set up, but in mine I would be too far away to make it worthwhile.

Just another thing to consider in the whole HD arena.

A “couple hundred dollars” means alot to most of us folks!!!

I have my 1080p monitor from woot for $1050, and man oh man, what a deal.

For everyone who complained about the monitor not having a tv tuner card in it, thats why this one is a TV, meaning it DOES have a tv tuner card, yay, oh yay. Sweet gentle mosses, we’ll be watching re-runs of the office tonight in HDTV.

Also, please note that even though westinghouse refurbs only have a 90 day warranty, most if not all tv’s you buy at the store (ie Bestbuy) only come with a 1 yr. warranty. So, its not that much different. If you really want an extended warranty, you’ll have to shell out some more dough at Bestbuy for theirs.

As always.

You don’t LOOK like a newbie . . .

If I am willing to shell out $1200 for a refurb, somehow I would find the extra could of hundred to get the full warrnty and a BRAND NEW item. Did you ever hear of the saying “Trip over a dollar to save a dime” Thats what this is…

You have to have the tuner in order to watch the HDTV, you have to have the HD Package with your cable or satellite in order to watch it as well.

What is the maximum resolution you can set this TV if you hook it to a PC?

I need the 37". Good night Woot!