Westinghouse 4pc Solar Light Set

Yay no more tampons…for now

when they were on woot before, i discovered that these are crap.

15.99 for 6

we have these on our deck. We took the stake off the bottom and my husband drilled holes in the railing for them to sit in about every 6 feet. I love how the glow of them changes colours. They are so pretty sitting outside on a summer night

those ones are different. These have a mosaic finish and look white irridescent during the day and coloured at night. These ones are way nicer. We actually bought more on the weekend from wally’s world as I had no idea woot was going to offer these again

I was hoping these would come up again. Got 3 last time, and wife loved them.

She asked me to get more if I ever happened to see them again.

In for 3 more.

Ordered two more boxes to add to the ones we got on home.woot a couple of weeks ago. We found they’re very solidly built, not like some of the plastic ones you might find.

I agree.

Also these aren’t going to light up an area or pathway either. They’re more like color points of light.

Kinda psychedelic in a way.

I bought these a couple of weeks ago and they are great!They are very bright and I love the light changing feature.

Can you replace the NiCd batteries with NiMH batteries? NiCd is so 20th century and NiCd chargers can’t always be used to charge NiMH batteries.

I bought these during the last woot and they are very nice. The tubes holding the lights up from the stake ends are metal, and the lights are quite pretty when set on color. They change and having a garden full of them looks like a fairy land. There are 2 leds, but only one lights at a time - you select either white or colored. I’m in for another 3 sets.

The NiCd batteries that come with them last most of the night.

Not sure what you would get out of replacing them, unless you’re preparing for the long Alaskan nights. But, in that case I don’t think you’d have long enough days to charge them.

The '60s are calling to you.

I’ve been on the lookout for these since the last time woot had them-wasn’t sure I’d like them, but fell in love once they were in my garden. So stoked, I came close to buying them from another site for much more just the other night!

One of my plastic thingies broke, but it was because I was using a regular hammer. They’re very well made.

I cut myself pretty good putting one of the metal thingies in the plastic thingie, be warned the metal thingies are sharp.

These worked perfectly around my pool-I don’t need much light, just ambiance, and they stay charged for hours after dark. So happy I got some more!

Are you kidding?!? I also ordered three of these from Woot when they were last on about a week ago. They are awesome! The only thing that is even remotely ‘crappy’ about them is the stake you put into the ground is plastic, but that is true of EVERY other set I have looked at in the stores. In terms of price, I have yet to find a set as nice that compares to these in price. I don’t really need more, but I will probably get three more as gifts.

Over time any rechargable battery loses ability to hold a charge but NiMH batteries perform far better than NiCd batteries. After one year (just a guess) the NiCd batteries that come with these lights may not keep them lit for more than a few hours.

http://www.maxellcanada.com/battery/nimh/NiMH_vs_NiCd.htm

Consumers will greatly benefit from the value proposition delivered by NiMH. Not only do they deliver more power, lasting longer in high drain devices, but they also can be charged up to 1000 times.

• PERFORMANCE: NiMH batteries will greatly out-perform standard NiCd batteries in high-drain applications.

• VOLTAGE: The power produced by the battery. Both NiMH and NiCd have virtually the same voltage.

• CAPACITY: The amount of energy stored by the battery. NiMH has more than twice the capacity of standard NiCd. This results in much longer runs times (hours, # of pictures).

• MEMORY EFFECT: NiMH batteries can be charged or “topped-off” at any time without affecting battery life. In order to achieve optimum performance from NiCd batteries, they must be fully discharged before recharging. Unlike NiCd batteries, NiMH has No Memory Effect.

• ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY: NiMH batteries have no Cadmium added. Cadmium is hazardous to the environment.

We also have some white Westinghouse lights we got from Sam’s lining the walkway. They have a metal stake, but after several years the metal has corroded and weakened.

I was actually happy to see they had a plastic stake, which seems to resist ground moisture much better.