Westinghouse Bluetooth Sound System

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Westinghouse Bluetooth Sound System
$59.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: New

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

its good to see Bluetooth catching on, i remember when they were really pushing it with keyboards and other wireless devices and the technology just wasn’t there yet!

I do believe this is the first time I was the “first sucker”. It’s rare when one achieves such milestones in life. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was unaware that Westinghouse is even still a brand.

Does anyone have experience pairing this with a Samsung Galaxy S II? I got a different brand but similar Bluetooth speaker for Christmas but it won’t pair with my Galaxy SII. Thanks for any info.

Saw these at Costco before Xmas for $10 more

Is this the “Unplug” product?

Have this and its OK. HIGHLY recommend the Logitech UE Mobile Boombox though. Its a few dollars more but the sound difference is incredible. Plus its smaller.

Ever try to use the speaker phone w/ it. I’m looking to find a speakerphone w/ an “always on” mic to work with HandsFreeControl (http://www.handsfreecontrol.com/Home.html) on the Iphone. Been struggling to find a way for my quadriplegic uncle to to use the cell phone.

Pretty little package, but most websites including CNET are calling the UM100 $100 MSRP not 150.

Not what I think of when I think of woot!

This is not the original Westinghouse from the good old days. Name has been sold. Now it’s associated with 2nd and 3rd tier products which can be hit and miss.

In for one. I was looking for a way to enhance our Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures game. The speaker on my Nexus 7 wasn’t cutting it.

In for 3; Amazon lists at $149. Even ebay has them at $99.99. Decent reviews. 60 hz bottom not the best, but good enough. Nice to see a genuine steal here once in a while.

WHY WONT THIS DIE. SELLLLLLLLLLL FASTERRRRRR :slight_smile:

Dude says he got it at Costco for $69.99…

Someone (in Asia, as I recall) bought the brand name. The stuff is no longer really MADE by Westinghouse. The “real” Westinghouse was good for home appliances (I still have a table fan that’s well over 50 years old) but their electronics were pretty much crap.

You can be sure if it’s Westinghouse.

I am pretty pleased with it. Sound is better than what I had, more bass (not gobs, but better). Decent enough for the price.

Weirdnesses:
On my MacBook Pro it shows two modes, stereo and headset. The headset mode sounds like ass. Have not tried to use the mic on it yet.

The used a weird USB mini socket (flatter) so you can’t use the most common mini cables. So if you don’t have bunch of cables lying around, keep track of it.

I just got mine and I have to say that this sucker is LOUD, which is what I was looking for. Much louder than the Cambridge Oontz or the El Cheapo ones I’ve tried. The specs said 2 X 3W, and the others all say 2 X 2W. The difference is dramatic.