Westinghouse Ultra-slim 42” 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV

Is it just me, or can Woot not find a TV over 42" to sell?

Hilarious review here!

He stated, “The sound was so bad, I thought that I left the protective shipping plastic on over the speakers (I didnt). It sounds like a 1974 transistor radio powered by a 9v battery.”

Slight fail: The control tower pictured is O’Hare airport, not Reagan. :stuck_out_tongue:

Who runs those speakers anyway? You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Get a tuner! :slight_smile:

The review at BUY Does not like the speakers either.

42 inch is perfect for my living room. But I would prefer a brand new Panasonic TC-P42X3instead…Uh.

I do have just one question. What the heck do I need a 6’ power cord for??? I hate seeing wires so I pulled the old drywall off redid the wiring and put a power supply and all the connections about 1 foot away from the tv. (Hidden of course) and now I have to figure out what the heck I am suppose to do with the other 5 feet of power cord. Seriously, who needs 6’ of power cord anymore???

I have a 37 Inch 720P Westinghouse that I purchased refurbished 2 years ago for 300.00 and picture is still amazing for the bedroom and outperforms my Panasonic Veira 720 42inch.

For those wondering, this Westinghouse is and is not the same company that you remember keeping your beer cool in the fridge (an actual fridge being another brand altogether… Frigidaire.)

In any case… the Westinghouse of old is actually now the CBS Corp. Westinghouse bought the broadcasters old owner… and decided CBS was a better name. Instead of letting the Westinghouse name go the way of RCA completely… they started licensing the name out to other companies to make items that fit the name.

So yes, it is the old Westinghouse name… but not the actual Westinghouse company making these “wonderful” TVs.

PS: I just learned again that JVC was part of RCA in the past. Victor… huh…

agree, the last thing i care about when i buy a flat screen is the speakers…

Please get a surround sound receiver, come on woot help this people out and put up a good deal!

“Ultra-slim” is in the frignabbin title people… speakers are going to be tiny and should consider alternate audio if to be enjoyed like a theater… otherwise, the price is nice for what you get. Don’t wizz on the electric fence!!

2 HDMI inputs? That’s kind of weak.

Westinghouse is the worst TV brand out there. I have owned multiple different brands, and so far Westinghouse has been the worst quality witht the worst customer service. Based on my experience with their TV’s and customer service, I will never purchase a Westinghouse product again.

I bought mine from WOOT two presentations ago and I have read many comments about the poor operating distance of the remote. I don’t understand it as mine easily works from 17 feet away directly on center. As I stray left or right of center, the range decreases, but I have to be Way off center for it to not work at 3 or 4 feet.

Possible cause may be the thin transparent protective film that covers the front of the black frame. You have to peel this film off of the front of the TV. The film does not cover the screen , but only the shiny black frame or enclosure.

As for the speakers, yeah they stink on ice. They work, but phew… I run mine through a home theater sound system and it sounds great. Any old stereo receiver or amp will do wonders.

The picture quality is fantastic. Beats the heck out of my older VIZIO 32" 3 years old. Brightness and contrast is fine in a moderately bright room. At night, the black stuff is absolutely black, and the rest of the colors are crisp and clean.

The size for the price is going to be hard to beat for a couple years. Will it last? Time will tell.

Don

This is a copy/paste of what I said on February 15th when this unit was for sale last:

“We bought this tv on Black Friday; for CONSIDERABLY less than this price, too. Based on what we spent, we’re happy with this set. Yes, the sound is weak, but that’s what surround sound is for, right?”

i bought this TV at Costco on sale for $450 a few months ago.
It has a great picture, but the speakers leave a lot to be desired.
We had a Panasonic surround sound system, so it didn’t matter.
Who buys a LCD TV for it’s speakers anyway? You know they cram tiny speakers in them.
I like the TV. But I still bought a Squaretrade extended warranty. I’m no fool. I know things are made to break these days. I read the Amazon reviews just now, and one guy said his broke 1 year, 1 month to the day. He said he wished he had bought an extended warranty.

Well I hope I get many years of TV pleasure, but if I don’t I know it’s fixed for free.

ALL I SEES IS BEES…

zip tie…rubber band…twistie…

Yes, that is not enough.

The size for the price is going to be hard to beat for a couple years. Will it last? Time will tell.

Don
[/quote]

If you really think this price will be hard to beat for a couple of years you need to get out more.