Whack For Your Daddy-O, There's Pie In The Jar-O

I heard there was pie in this thread. Tell us about your favorite pie!

I think the most important question to be asked is: can this be eaten directly out of the jar??

Woot, I love you, but there’s no D in “refrigerate.”

Better question. Can it be poured on top of ice cream?

I like both these ideas.

Hunted down and reported for you! Thanks for the sharp eye!

I!
WANT!
ALL!
OF!
THESE!

With the holidays coming and all the last-minute dinners that sneak up on me because I’m too A.D.D. to remember them and too stoopit to write them down when I am invited because I’m SURE I’ll remember, these will be LIFE SAVERS.
Has ANYONE tried any of these to comment on taste, that is my only question…

Interesting: this company is the company of the guy who invented TCBY frozen yogurt.

These items are made in Texas (and the $10 ones are $13.99 on their website: hfsfoods.com

Happy Eating!!!

Pemberducky can make cake in a jar.

She’s already mastered cake, perhaps pie will be next?

do i have to pour the whiskey out?

My family can never pick pie or cake when asked so I have invented Pumpkin Pie Cake. Now they can have both and it is sooo easy to make! Now woot you have done it again! I am on a diet and this has made me think of making a Pumpkin Pie Cake right now!

That sounds delicious. :slight_smile: Recipe?

Dear woot staff,

I just purchased 2 jars of the Key Lime Pie Filling, and was charged $1.94 CA state sales tax.
Can you please check on this for me? Here in CA, we aren’t charged sales tax on food items.
Thanks!

Oh hey, yes, we will look into this for you, but also please drop a note to service@woot.com to get things fixed up.

Thanks for you fast response, much appreciated!
I was just in the process of ordering some other flavors, but the CA sales tax is still showing up. Should I wait and see if this gets fixed first? I realize this might take awhile, just worried that some of the items might sell out. :slight_smile:
I don’t want to keep bugging the service dept., or you.
Thanks again!

We’ll add that to our original note so they’re sure to check all the flavors.:slight_smile:

Here you go and enjoy.

Pumpkin Pie Cake

1 29 ounce can pumpkin puree (not pie mix)
3 eggs
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1 package spice or yellow cake mix
3/4 melted cup butter
1 can (12 ounce) evaporated milk

Preheat oven to 350*
Grease a 9 x 13 inch cake pan
In a large bowl mix pumpkin, eggs, sugars and milk
Stir in spices,
pour pumpkin mixture into the pan, sprinkle with cake mix over the pumpkin mixture,
drizzle butter all over the cake mix.

Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until the cake mix is browned and a knife incerted in the center comes out clean just like you do with any pie.
I forgot to add that 4 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice can be used instead of the other spices. I know some folks don’t keep all of the spices.

What an Awesome recipe!
Thanks for sharing.