Whack For Your Daddy-O, There's Pie In The Jar-O

Happiness! Thank you :slight_smile:

Um…

The label on the “Brack Ranch Pecan Pie in a Jar 2 lb.” says 27oz.

Just sayin’…

The whiskey will help with the getting things baked part. :wink:

My cheating way of making this cake is to add a can of pumpkin (the 15oz can or similar size) into a boxed spice cake mix. You can make it denser by just using the pumpkin, cakier by adding the rest of the ingredients. Bake according to the cake directions, it will probably take a little longer than usual just check it with a toothpick in the center.

Perhaps it is 2lbs by weight and 27 oz by volume. This wouldn’t be an issue in the metric system!

Sounds soooo good! Only one wee drawback - I put the jar of cloves back on the grocery store shelf just today…pfft will have to buy it now - but looks worth it!

Hey Woot

Is there a way to place an order for several Pie in the Jar items (not same flavor) in one transaction? I’ve not had this come up before, but it seems rather cumbersome to have to place an order for one flavor, back out and order a 2nd, etc.

Just askin :slight_smile:

Per our Woot FAQ:
I’ll take them all, what is my discount?
There is a maximum of 3 units purchased per deal. You can’t have them all. You have to share with the other boys and girls.

However, you can create a separate account, and purchase 3 more? At this time, we don’t have the functionality for purchasing more than 3 a time, in one day.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

I was just wondering if/when the sales tax on these food items will be corrected for CA buyers? I just placed another order, and the tax is still being added in.
Maybe I’m wrong, but I could’ve sworn that on food items such as these, we’re not charged the sales tax.

We still haven’t received word on whether or not there is suppose to be a tax charge for this item.
Please be patient while we resolve this issue.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

Ummm…think we have a failure to communicate here :wink: I know I can only order one of any single item, but I wanted to order more than one type of pie in a jar (2 lemon curd, 1 grapefruit curd, 1 carmel apple dip, 1 pecan praline). In order to do this I had to select 2 lemon curd, purchase and then return to order each of the next 3 kinds of jars (making payment after each individual purchase). Guess it’s not that big a deal…as long as I get my treats! :slight_smile:

I’m either the only person with a dirty mind who thought… eeeeewww
or…
Woot has done a pretty good job at cleaning things up…
Meaning the forum.
eeeew x2
Sorry.

I guess I will know in a few moments.

Mmm my favorite. Grapefruit Curd Pie!

(boggle)

Just for the record, I hate all of you who bought up all the lemon curd. Darn…darn, darn, DARN!!! I love lemon curd but I’ve been so busy lately I didn’t pay close enough attention Home Woot. :frowning:

Lemon curd, lemon curd, where for art thou, lemon curd? In someone else’s cupboard! That’s where thou art! Traitor!

Lemon curd - actually not that hard to make. Here’s Alton Brown’s take on it.

Red grapefruit curd, though, you should totally buy that up. Unless it’s sold out, then that’s not hard to make either!

Thanks for sharing. That also sounds good and I will try that.
With the cake on top and the pumpkin pie under my family doesn’t have to pick because they get both the pie and the cake.

AWESOME reference to “Whiskey in the Jar” in the title for this page. Well played, Woot, well played.

JEEZ why don’t you tell 'em how to make their own wine and consumer electronics while you’re at it??!!

Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! Can’t wait to try it :slight_smile:

If it helps, I have the bamboo set. The tools seem sturdy and useful, the tool holder is handy and will actually fit all of them plus a couple more if necessary. The cutting boards do not impress me. I already had a set of bamboo boards from the Food Network brand, and where the Food Network boards feel quite sturdy, these boards feel very light and flimsy. I’ve used them and they are ok, just not as good as the other set I have. The trivets are nice and “heavy” as bamboo goes, and, well, they work exactly as you’d expect - they keep hot things off of your counter or table surfaces.

*edited for typo.